Chapter Sixteen

While Jada was eating I examined her face. 

"Are you vegetarian?" I ask when she piles some french fries into her mouth.

She nods, "Yeah I've been vegetarian for almost four years now."

"Nice." I say before pulling some hash browns into my mouth, "That's really cool."

She smiles, "You're like the first person to say that to me, everyone else thinks I'm stupid and crazy."

I look down at the chicken strips and I almost feel bad, you know out of politeness I should stop eating meat in front of her. 

She stands up, "I'll be right back I have to use the bathroom."

As soon as she enters the bathroom at the other side of the diner I begin eating my chicken strips. She comes out some time later.

"What do you want to do for the rest of day?" I ask when she sits down.

She shrugs, "I want to watch a movie at home."

I nod, "Sounds good."

The waitress walks over and sets our bill down before walking away. I grab it almost a second before Jada does. 

"I'll pay for it." She says trying to grab it from my hand.

I shake my head, "Nope, no can do."

I pull a twenty and a ten out of my pocket and I set them down on the table under the bill. She smiles and stands up, "You do know that the bill said fifteen bucks right?"

I shrug, "I feel that waitresses deserve big tips."

Jada smiles, "That's really sweet."

Honestly I love her accent.

I shrug, "Not as sweet as you."

That hurt me to say.

She looks down blushing as we walk out of the diner. As we walk back to her house all I can think about is shifting and running around. I shake the thoughts out of my mind when Jada opens the door to our house and we walk in.

"I'm gonna take a shower and change and then we can watch a movie." Jada says walking into her room.

I walk into my room and I grab some blue basketball shorts and a white tank top splattered with colored paint. I walk into the bathroom and a take a quick shower before changing and exiting my room.

Jada isn't out of her room yet so I make my way out of my room and into the kitchen. I pull open one of the cabinets and I grab a thing of microwavable popcorn. 

I open the microwave and I throw it in.

Jada walks out of her room wearing a light white jumper and some black basketball shorts.

She walks over and she plops down on the couch, "What are you making?"

"Popcorn." I say just as it begins popping.

"What should we watch?" She asks scrolling through all the movies she has on the tv.

I shrug, "You pick."

"How about this?" She asks pointing at the tv. She wants to watch Finding Nemo. That movie is sooooo old.

"Sure." She giggles and she quickly turns the movie on before pausing it.

I pull the popcorn out and I dump it into a large bowl I found in one of the cabinets before walking over and sitting down on the couch next to Jada. 

She curls up against me so I kiss her forehead and she begins blushing. She presses play and we begin watching the movie. 

Jada and I sit there curled up against each other watching movies all night. She fell asleep about twenty minutes ago but I haven't moved her because I don't really want to wake her up but I begin to grow tired so I slip my arms around her and I carry her bridal style into her room and I set her on her bed.

 I pull her little pink blanket on her before kissing her forehead and making it back into my room.

I blow out the candle on my nightstand and I crawl into bed before falling asleep.