Chapter 13: "Pain"

I had no idea what to do. I just grabbed jacket and walked out of the door. Amy was just looking at me shocked of my actions. 

There's no time worrying about this right now.

I get in my car heading to the hospital without knowing what comes next.

~ at the hospital ~

A doctor walks out of the room right at the time I'm ready to walk in.

Walking in (y/n) is lying on the first bed in front of me doing something with her phone.

"Hey.." I say smiling softly.

She puts her phone down and stares at me trying to get sure she's not dreaming.

"M- Mark!" She jumps up

"Whoa wait relax." I move towards her and push her down gently. She smiles and my heart aches to feel her pain. 

(Author's P.O.V.)

He pushes you down softly and you smile at him. "Pain" is formed in his eyes.

You look down to your bed. "So...um.." Biting your lip you don't know how to continue.

"About the..um.." You look up to Mark. His brown eyes give you hope and at the same time hurt you more than ever. 

How could I be so mean to Mark?

You giggle softly. 

Trying to find the right words to say this Mark interrupts you kindly. " You don't have to do that." he says running his hand through your hair.

"You don't have to do that either. I know you have a girlfriend." Your eyes are focused in his brown eyes starring at you from the other side of the bed.

He is a bit uncomfortable. "It's alright" You put a bright smile in your face which makes him laugh a little. It's not okay and you both know that. You can recognize the pain in him.