Chapter 35: ALWAYS

"You demand?" you asked him raising a brow.

"Jesus (y/n) I wanna know what's happening!" He continued putting his palm on your cheek softly.

"Nothing's happening! Can we get in please?" 

 "Okay..Let's go in guys."  he sighed.

He put his hand in your back and softly pushed you to follow him. 

As you walked in Mark got out of his room. You tried not to look at him.

"Food is ready. Come on guys, let's sit at the table." Said Mark's and Jason's mom with a smile that could light up the whole room. Just like her sons'...

We sat at the table one by one. I sat next to Jason and Mark sat at the opposite of me as their mom sat next to Mark.

"Happy Birthday." She told him patting his back gently.

"Thanks." His smile filled the room with love.

'That's what I fell for. I fell for his damned smile.' You thought.

"We're really happy to have you here. You are family now."  she announced referring to you.

"Oh, really, how is Amy not here, Mark?" you asked acting natural, giving him a deadly look.

You caught him unprepared. Everyone was looking at you with a weird look saying 'What do you care?' or 'How do you know about her?' Jason wasn't happy. But you promised revenge and you'd have it. Mark tried to seem like he didn't care and answered the question nicely.

"She had something to do. She couldn't come.Okay?" he answered impatiently and obviously annoyed. 

"Oh really? At your birthday?" you resisted refilling your cup with water. 

"Okay really now, what is it with you (y/n)? Are you sure you don't know my brother?" insisted Jason.

"I wouldn't swear..." you murmured inside your teeth.

"What?"

"I said yeah, sure."

Mark seemed to be murmuring something too. Everyone went silent and so did you. You really wanted to spill out everything and confront him but you were just looking for the perfect chance..

The whole family was looking at you angrily the whole time. You didn't know what to do. Several minutes later you got up carefully.

"I gotta go to the bathroom." you said.

As soon as you left everyone started whispering. You were spying from the corner of the hallway. 

They didn't like you.

And at that moment it felt like you didn't know who you wanted.

What you wanted.

You thought you had cleared things up.

But no.

Life should ruin it.

Somehow.

'Cause life always finds a way to ruin everything.

Either the person deserves it or not.

Always.