Chapter 22: Without a last 'goodbye'

An uncomforting silence came next.

"M- Maybe you should get leaving.." you said not exactly knowing why you did.

"Do you want me to?" Mark seemed to be getting you.

"N...No. Not really..." you admitted. "But now what?" you bit your lip.

You thought he would have a ready solution as he always does but you got disappointed to see he didn't even know what to do at that very moment.

You tried to find a quick solution.

"Well, I'm good with staying friends." you said pretending you didn't care. But things just wouldn't feel right if you two were just friends. It would hurt for both of you. But then again, you wouldn't stand losing Mark. Like, never ever ever see him again.

"Sure, okay."he murmured sighing.

"But Mark..." he looked in your eyes. You took a deep breath hoping o find courage. "Is it really okay? Can it be okay? You know, being just friends. Won't it hurt?" Saying the complete truth wasn't the easiest thing for you but you had already told the hardest part of it. 

"Maybe I should get actually going then..."  he added standing up ready to go.

"K bye.." you said sort of disappointed looking at the floor.

Mark closed the door behind him. Without waving or saying goodbye. Not even giving you a last look. Maybe you didn't even get to see him never again..