Chapter 36: Most likely never

Suddenly the whispering became louder. So you could hear them. You could hear everything. But you couldn't sort out the voices. Just who they were talking to and what they were saying. And what you heard hurt you more than it should.

You did a mistake of ruining some parts of the night.

You had tried not to.

But it wasn't easy. And you felt your heart more and more fragile since the hospital thing. So you just wanted to get everything out of you. 

"Son, I thought you said she was nice. Really she didn't quite seem like that."

"I'm sorry she ruined your birthday Mark."

"Can you find an excuse for you two to leave when she comes here?" 

"I'm sorry."

Everyone turned around and looked at you surprised as they didn't wait for you to be there.

"I'm sorry." you repeated. You walked closer to the table.

You took your jacket.

"I'm sorry for ruining your day. I'm sorry for ruining your birthday, Mark, I'm sorry I messed with you. With all of you. I don't need an excuse. I'll go. Right now. And please Jason don't follow me. Stay here. Stay and have a nice day with your family."

Jason tried to stop you.

"Oh now you want to stop me? How about you had stopped them? You had stopped them from saying all these things about me? And you didn't know...But what about you Mark? You could've stopped them. But of course you didn't care. And you never did anyways... Again, I'm sorry. Have a nice rest of the day..."

Everyone was looking at you more and more confused at every word you said while Mark finally realized how much you loved him. How much you were hurting and how much this whole story costed to you. You ran out the door as quicker as possible. 

Jason did as you told him to. He didn't follow. You started moving backwards. You could see them having a good time all together. Enjoying the rest of their day as you asked them to.

But sometimes we wish people don't do what we tell them to. 

Sometimes we expect them to understand what we want.

And sometimes they do.

But sometimes they don't.

And that hurts even more. 

More than doing a wrong move. 

And it doesn't get forgotten.

Most likely.

NEVER.