Chapter 20: Waiting for explanation...

You softly put your hand under his chin and raised his head up. 

"Markimoo, are you crying?" you asked kindly.

He couldn't answer so you just wiped his tears with your sleeve and pretended everything was okay by smiling to cheer him up a little bit.

He stayed there looking in your eyes. You couldn't say what he was thinking but you knew he was aching. Inside. He had all this time along. But he buried it deep inside him.And just then you realized. 

You wanted to treat him right. Help him with anything, with everything, always and forever. But he couldn't let you do that even if he wanted to. And he wanted to.

So he had to take a big decision.

And he did.

But still wasn't sure.

And left you all insecure not knowing what would be the next thing happening. Where would you step next?

"Mark.." You distracted him from his thoughts.

Once his mind came back to reality he got up.

You were clearly left speechless and confused. He wiped his eyes and floofed his hair quickly. He wanted to stay but being with you made him anxious.But you were calm. You could finally understand.

Smiling gently you patted the sear next to you. "Come here Mark. Sit down. We can still talk. We have to..." Your smile faded out as you said the last sentence.

Turning around trying to take a quick decision he decided to come and sit down.

You were both sitting there not even looking at each other until you broke the ice.

"So...Why don't you come here to sit..?" you asked him showing your bed almost begging him with your eyes.

"S- sure.." he mumbled. 

As he sat on your bed you started talking..

"Well, we know what happened and--No Mark sorry I can't do that.." you interrupted yourself trying to make him understand how hard this was for you.

"It's okay. I can explain. Or maybe not..But I'll try at least. For you." he was suddenly calmer than you.

And saying things like "for you" etc. didn't help. You got complicated signs...

"Okay I'm waiting.." you said as Mark was trying to process what to say.