Chapter 14: Disaster

After a good ten minutes, Cody stepped back with a smile and led me back to where everyone else was.

"You two looked flushed!" Ryan said with a knowing smirk. "We almost had to ditch you here."

"Aww baby," Cody started in an uber, very fake, gay voice, "You could never leave me. You love me!"

"Should I be jealous over here?" I smirked.

"Totally! Didn't you know Ryan is the love of my life? I would die without him!" Cody said putting the back of his hand to his forehead like a damsel in distress.

"I bet there are certain things I could do to change your mind." I whispered in his ear so no one could hear.

"I am betting you could." His cheeks reddened slightly. "Hey on that note, I was actually wondering if you would like to go away after finals, you know. Just us?" He said turning to face me full on.

"I would love that! Where do you have in mind?"

"I was thinking of Cape Town. Imagine it, a view of the beach as we, show our affections for each other."

"That sounds perfect. All the more reason to get good grades. A good reward." I kissed him lightly, making sure to show my enthusiasm.

"Seriously? You are surrounded by single people and you go and do that?" Isaac mocked lightly.

"Yeah, way to make us jealous!" Sarah laughed along.

"Hey, I have been waiting for this hunk for a long time, sue me!" Cody said proudly, "I am happy to show him off!"

I punched Cody lightly on the arm with an embarrassed smile. "Shall we go? I would like to get some studying in before finals start tomorrow!"

"Good idea babe." Cody kissed my cheek. I noticed how affectionate he had been ever since he confessed to me that he loved me. It made me feel a bit guilty, but at the same time I was loving all the making out. I'm a guy, what do you expect?

We hopped in our already packed cars and set off in convoy so no one got lost. I drove first as I had the GPS.

Cody turned the radio on and some Pop song came on.

"Ah! I love this song!" He exclaimed and started singing.

Love, there is that word again. How could I possibly know if I loved him yet, we had just started dating for crying out loud! But we have known each other for so long! Shouldn't it be fairly simply by now? I need to break this down.

I am comfortable with him and how he is.

He makes me happy.

He is such an amazing kisser!

He was willing to go down on me, just to apologise when I was at fault.

He has such an amazing body that I love having against mine.

Our personalities match.

He loves me, even with my idiosyncrasies.

I love him.

I love him.

I cannot hold this in anymore! This may not be the most romantic time to say this, but he has to know!

I turned my head to look at him, "Cody."

"Yes babe?" He smiled at me with those perfect teeth that took two years of braces to accomplish, but even then he was adorable.

"Cody, I'm sorry I didn't say this right away, but I wanted to be sure. Cody I lo..."

Suddenly, I felt myself being thrown into the air. Glass shattered all around me and the sound of metal crumbling was all I could heard. Then I felt the pain. The blinding pain that burst through my head.