Chapter 3: Date Night (edited)

The second the bell rang, Sarah was at my desk as well as Cody, both who were in my class.

"Well? What did he want?" She asked, a mix of concern and anger already etched into her face.

"Did he mock you? I swear I will kill him!" Cody said in full defense mode and frown marring that beautiful face of his.

"The opposite actually. He asked me to coffee with him after school. Sarah, could I miss ice cream?" I asked, trying to sneak a look at Cody, but he had turned around.

"Ohmigod! Your first date? Of course you idiot! Are you excited?" She asked clapping her hands in excitement.

I sighed and looked down in my lap. I knew they would be supportive, but even still I could feel the nerves in the pit of my stomach.

"I am freaking terrified actually. What if I don't know what to say?"

"Ag, it will come to you. Don't stress about the small things. But I didn't know he was gay! Didn't he dump Clarissa?"

"Gossip isn't really my thing, Sarah." I replied drily, causing her to laugh and push me, then we separated for next period.

I sat down at my desk and pulled out my notes. I felt someone staring at me and I looked up. It was Kyle. He was looking at me with curiosity and cocked his head, clearly asking if I could come. I smiled shyly and nodded. A huge grin broke out on his face and he only turned back around when the teacher entered a minute later.

The rest of the period was torture. He kept glancing my way, catching me staring at him every single time.

When the bell rang he walked out after giving me a cocky, yet happy grin.

Finally when the end of the day came, I speed walked to the school entrance and saw him waiting for me.

"Did you drive today?" He asked.

I shook my head no, silently thanking Cody for having beat me to the cars.

"Great, we can take my car then. C'mon!" We walked together to his car. I walked around to the passenger side of the car and got in. By the time I had shut the door, he had already turned the car on and put it in gear.

"You really don't have to take me anywhere, you know." I said blushing.

"I know, but I want to get to know you. I was thinking about that new Starbucks that just opened up." He replied with a grin as he exited the school parking lot.

"I don't mind where we go." I said shrugging. I've never been one to make decisions.

We arrived and ordered our coffee then I sat down upon receiving it. He stood there awkwardly, fiddling with the paper cup in his hands.

"Don't you want to sit?" I asked him, looking up at him. From this angle he looked extra tall.

"I don't know where to sit. I don't want to make you uncomfortable."

"You won't. Sit" I replied shuffling over so he had space on the booth I was sitting on so he wouldn't have to sit on the chair opposite me.

He grinned at me with that grin that was quickly take effect on me. I took a sip and then put my coffee down. I looked down at my shoes and put my hand on his leg. He smiled nervously, but didn't push it off, which I took as a good sign.

"How long have you known?" he asked me.

I knew what he was asking about, but I hadn't really talked about it with anyone other than my friends and Mrs Teele. But it's time to start being more open with this, maybe talking to Kyle is the first step.