Chapter 11: Gotta Work

"So is everyone set for camping?" Ryan asked.

"Yup!" Cody said, "Ma said we have to sleep in separate tents, but yeah right!" We laughed.

"OH babe, I am photographing at Club 7 tonight. Apparently some big DJ is coming so they need me." I said.

"Aww really? Do you have to?" He said looking sad.

"I am allowed to bring a guest!" I said smiling at him.

"I can come? That's awesome!"

"Yeah, and I will be making R2000 for one night, just because it's going to be so late. But free drinks until 10."

"I look forward to finally seeing you in action."

"But I won't be able to just hang out. At a club, all the clubbers want their picture taken and then I still have to get of the various DJ's and lights."

"That's fine. Can't you guys come? I mean entrance fees aren't too high." Cody turned to the others.

"I'll be there!" Sarah said.

"I can't man, my ma wants to spend some quality time before we go away." Isaac said.

"Don't stress, I'll be there too. We can have fun!" Ryan said.

"Awesome! It's gonna be fun!" Cody said excitedly.

The bell rang and we all walked to class.

"See you in gym?" I asked Cody.

"Of course!" Cody squeezed my hand and we went our separate ways.

I went to Math and sat down.

"Everyone, we will be doing some mock up exams to prepare." Said Mrs Kohl while handing out tests.

I took mine and then pulled out my notepad to begin.

Solve for x in each of the following:

1.1.1 x2 -2x-35=0

An hour later the bell rang.

"Hand in your tests, stapled to your answer sheet and we will carry on tomorrow." Mrs. Kohl said, "Make sure your name is on your test."

I stapled it and handed it to her as I walked out. I trudge my way to English, luckily I had Isaac and Sarah in this class.

"Hey guys!" Sarah greeted. "Did you guys have to do past papers as well?"

"Yup." I said, popping the 'p'.

"Mmhmm." Isaac said agreeing.

"It's probably going to be the same."

It sort of was. Mr Stern gave us a topic and we had to write about the person who most affected our lives. I of course wrote about how Cody and his mother took me in and how he has loved me.

"Who did you write about?" I asked Sarah when I was done.

"I'm not telling. I will blush." She said looking down.

"Oh come on! Just tell me." I nudged her.

"You." She muttered.

"Me? What did I do?" I asked, shocked.

"Just the way you have been so confident with coming out. I don't think I could ever do that." She said, looking like she was going to cry.

"Sarah. Do you need to talk?" I asked quietly.

"Maybe when we go camping?"

"It's a date." I winked at her and we separated to our different classes.