Chapter 10: Making it official

The next morning I woke up and to a quick shower. After I chose the best outfit I had in my closet. Ethan texted me last night telling me to look my best. I curled my hair and headed down stairs.

"Good morning mother." I said with a huge smile.

She hugged me and smiled. 

"I see you're in a good mood today and you're dressed extra well. What's the reason?" She asked.

"No reason, I just woke up in a good mood that's all." I was about to get some waffles when the door bell rang.

"I got it sweetie, you eat your waffles."

"Hello son, come in." My mom said to the person who was at the door. I couldn't tell who it was until he spoke.

I recognized his voice.

Mason.

"Hey Mason." I smiled and gave him a hug.

"Hey Is, sorry for coming without letting you know. I just wanted to surprise you with some McDonald's." He smiled and handed me the bag and a chocolate chip frappé.

I couldn't believe he bought me McDonald's. Best. Guy. Ever.

I set down the food on the kitchen counter and hugged him tightly.

He chuckled and his dimples appeared on his cheeks. He was really really cute.

I blushed when I realized that I've already been hugging him for the longest time now.

"You didn't have to buy me anything Mason but thank you so much."

"Today's your first softball game I wanted to be the first one to wish you good luck." He smiled and we sat on the counter and started eating.

By the time we were finished it was almost time to leave.

"I can give you a ride to school if you'd like." He said getting up.

I was about to say yes when the door bell rang.

I opened it and it was Ethan.

"Hey Reyes, or should I say babe." He said smirking. "Ready to go to school?"

Shit.

"Babe?" Mason said shockingly.

"Shyboy? What're you doing here?" Ethan asked.

"I came to bring Is breakfast and take her to school." He said glaring at Ethan. "What are you doing here?"

Ethan grabbed me from the waist and pulled me close to him. "I came to take MY girl to school, so you can leave now."

"Isabel you're dating him? He just broke up with Christina." He said with a disappointed expression.

I could tell he was really disappointed because he never calls me Isabel. He always calls me Is.

"Mason I-  Ethan interrupted me and glared at him. "Look Isabel can do whatever she wants too, so just leave."

He left and I felt bad for him.

I argued with Ethan the whole car ride to school for treating Mason like shit.

"Do you like him or something? Is that why you're defending him?" He asked.

I never actually thought about it but I think I might.

"Look let's just forget about this and let's walk in and start the revenge." I smirked at him and we walked in holding hands.

Everyone was whispering and the girls who would die to be with Ethan were giving me death glares.

We made it to the quad and there was Christina. I held on to Ethan's hand harder.

"Don't worry she won't do anything to you. I'll protect you." He said giving me a reassuring smile.

"Oh I'm not scared of what she could do if anything I'd get down with her. I'm just thinking about all the rumors she's gonna spread about me." I said.

"Reyes is scared of what other people think of her? That is shocking. Usually you don't care." He said.

He was right. I never really cared what anyone said or thought about me. Their opinion doesn't define me. So why should I care now?

Ethan took me to the bench were all his friends sat.

Grayson gave me a smirk and a thumbs up.

Ethan got on top of the bench and stood there looking at everyone.

"Alright I have a big announcement to make!" Once Ethan said that everyone stopped talking and faced their attention to Ethan. Including Christina.

"This girl right here." Ethan looked at me and he gave me a big smile. "She's Isabel and she's the greatest thing that has happened to me. She makes me really happy and I proud to say she's my girl." He came down from the bench and cupped my face with his hands. He smiled and kissed me.

I kissed him back and all I could think is

Damn.

Two reasons for that.

One, he's a really really good kisser and two, I could imagine Christina's face right now.

We pulled away and the first thing that I saw was Christina all up on Ethan's face.

"Wtf Ethan?" She glared at me and she looked back at him. "You just broke up with me and now you're dating this tramp. What do you even see in her?" Oh hell no she did not just call me a tramp.

I was about to slap her but Ethan pulled me back.

"She has everything that you lacked." He looked at me and back at her. "She actually cares about others, she's athletic which means she doesn't waste all her time shopping, she's not full of herself like you are, and she might be a little sassy but that's what I like most about her." He held my hand. "And if you ever try to do anything to her, you'll be having serious problems with me." 

She tries to say something but the words wouldn't come out of her mouth so instead she glared at both of us and she left.

We hugged each other excited that the planned worked.

"Nice job, Reyes." He smiled. "The only thing is you I need to give you kissing lessons." He said smirking.

I playfully hit him in the chest.

"That didn't hurt at all you know that right?" He said laughing. I could tell it didn't hurt because he's buff. "You're not a bad kisser you're actually good, you just need to be great." He chuckled and grabbed my hand.

We made our way to first period and of course as we entered everyone was looking and whispering.

Once face in particular caught my attention.

Mason's.

Crap.

He looked really upset. I need to talk to him during lunch.

Here's a new update!!!!! I'm sorry for taking so long to publish. It's not as great as the previous chapter but I hoped you liked it.

I might publish another chapter later on throughout the day.