Chapter 13: The Dare

Saturday afternoon Rebecca and I were at the mall shopping for party dresses. Since the football team won yesterday one of the players decided to throw a party and of course I had to be there with Ethan.

We walked into Fashion City and I saw someone I didn't want to see.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Christina said while glaring at us.

She was here apparently shopping for the party too with her little minions.

"This is a public mall, I can be here whenever I feel like being here." I walked right past her and tried to ignore her the whole time I was there.

I looked and looked and I just couldn't find the right dress for tonight. I was about to give up but I saw a little black dress in a rack that caught my attention. It was perfect for tonight.

I was making my way towards the dress when I feel someone push me out of the way.

Christina.

She grabs the black dress and looks at me with a devilish smirk. "Oops I guess you were just too late."

Rebecca comes up to me and rolls her eyes when Christina walks past her. "Just ignore her I'm sure you'll find a dress."

I didn't.

I left back home empty handed. I just couldn't find a dress that caught my attention. I'll just have to find an old dress in my closet.

I took a 30 minute shower and started blow drying my hair so that I could later on curl it.

After I had finished curling my hair, I did my makeup.

I heard my phone ringing and saw Ethan's contact picture light up on my phone.

I swiped the answer button and answered. "Hello."

"I've been trying to get a hold of you for the past hour, haven't you seen my texts." He replied.

"Oh shit, no sorry. I've been getting ready this whole time." I said.

"It's fine, that doesn't really matter anymore. Just come by my place right now I have something for you." And with that he hung up.

I quickly look for a dress that I had in my closet and put it on.

I grab my purse and make my way downstairs.

"Bye mom, I love you." I hugged my mom and gave her a kiss.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"I'm going to a party with Ethan." I said smiling.

"Isn't he Christina's boyfriend?"

"Not anymore!" I yell as I head out the door.

I make my way down the drive way when I see Christina inside her car.

"Eww that dress is hideous." She laughed and left.

Whatever I really don't care.

I walk into Ethan's house and go to his room.

Normally I would knock, but Ethan got too lazy to come open the door every time I would come over; so he told me to just enter whenever I came.