Chapter Nine

I chased after Dannie as fast as I could,I was so worried about her since she was in such a bad way; I reached the top of the staircase to see her leaning over the banister looking down, and I went and stood next to her, the pair of us breathing rather heavy after that run from the pond; I was completely surprised that none of the staff even realised.

"Dannie - we need to talk..." I muttered between my heavy breaths. "Yea, Effie we do..." She turned to me, with an aggressive tone in her voice. I was terrified by this. "Please Dannie; talk." "Effie life is pointless unless it's me and you..." "What are you trying to say, Dannie? I don't get it.."

That moment I had the biggest regret of my entire life, I stood there and just watched in silence, and I passionately hate myself for it. I watched her; I watched Dannie place all her weight onto the bannister and slip her leg over, she then placed her weight from one foot to the other and stood herself up on the other side of the bannister. She turned white as a sheet and starting shaking violently. She looked me in the eyes and was stood opposite me, with the bannister separating us two. Dannie turned to me and looked me right into my eyes;

" Effie I fucking love you, you're the gorgeous person I know. Every single day I wake up, to see you; watch you. You're my love and I want nothing more than to be in a relationship with you, and I can't. Life isn't worth it."

After that speech I stood there in silence, tears were rolling down my cheeks. Dannie leant over and placed a kiss on my lips, and I kissed her back; this was it I knew where my sexuality lied. It felt as if we're in the moment forever, and Dannie leant over to my ear and whispered... I'm sorry.

That moment terrified me, and won't ever leave me.

Dannie leant back, and let go. She fell backwards, she was screaming and I was screaming too, yet it was too late.

I froze and looked down, I heard that huge bang as Dannie hit the floor. I seen the blood quickly rush out of her, framing her body neatly. I saw her body limp, and her hair neatly around her. I seen her face quickly turn pale, her lips fade blue. The picture is frozen in my memory.

My emotions have taken over me, and I lost control. I was genuinely out of control. I fell back and collapsed. I struggle to remember what happened, but I remember that I launched at the window. I smashed my hand through the glass and seized a piece in my hand. Then I started tearing at myself, my wrist. I didn't know what to do, and that's how my body reacted.

Things went misty after that; I remember that a whole bunch of staff came running after me. They pinned me down and radioed a first aider, and taken me down toward three, and I was put into a random room. From this point, something happened and I blacked out... I was screaming about Dannie and no one quite understood.

The emotional pain was unbearable;

I so badly wanted to join Dannie out of this world, out of this place.