Chapter One

I wasn't really sure what had led to me being at Riverside, well I knew. But things changed so quickly, and when we pulled up there, I immediately realised the true grasp of the situation. 

Riverside, was an old victorian estate, I immediately fell in love with it the moment my eyes saw it. Growing up I loved history; although that was before my depressive episode recently. I'd seen Riverside, many times before, without even realising truly what it was. A mental hospital. Riverside  was a lovely country estate nestled on the side at the side of a hill, in between Grantham and Boston, you could see it from the main road, with its fancy iron gates on the road, I'd always wondered quite how long the drive must be, never did I expect to find out. 

Mum and Dad were incredibly angry I'd ended up there, and as terrified as I was about being at Riverside, I was indefinitely thrilled, I could escape my parents. Yet I was leaving behind my two best friends, the animals, and indeed the real world. 

As we pulled into Riverside, I could see the tears rolling down my mums face, I could see her stress, I could see it. She was going mad again, herself. We started to speed up as we veered down the drive, and I gripped my phone. I could see the messages from my one best friend, Tilly. They're somewhat emotional, and I really couldn't bare it. 

We looped up towards the old house, where we could see the road split, and right there, I could see it. The sign; Adolescence Inpatients. We pulled around the back of the old building, where they were just one entrance and enough space for two or three cars. 

My mum looked at me in the eyes... Please, let them help you, and then she broke down. I stepped out the car, in my favourite leggings and red jumper, and moved swiftly to the rear of the car. Dad opened the car and passed me my favourite bag, a navy Ariat bag, with my basic clothes in. I slipped my phone in the side pocket and looked at my Dad. He immediately walked straight towards the entrance, I slung my bag over my shoulder and followed. 

That's it. 

Riverside here I come.