Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16

I'd gave up on breakfast as Riverside - since socialising was hardly my cup of tea- so to speak. Normally around breakfast, Claire would pop up and check on me, and bring me a muffin and coffee and we'd have a quick chat. When she came in I thought it'd be no different.

There was a soft knock before she came in, and she walked in and sat down on my bed and looked at me as I came around from my soft daze. Soon she burst into the conversation and I felt muddled; what happened next shocked me, I thought I was dreaming.

"Effie, this is technically really not allowed, but given the circumstance, I made some calls, and well - there's someone here." Claire looked over at me; with a beaming smile.

Within that second, the door creaked open, and Tilly walked through the door, and I sat up and just paused, I couldn't believe it. Tears were looming in Tilly's eyes, and I reached up and hugged her, my best friend was here; once more.

Claire went and stood by the window, she was on guard dependent on my reaction, and I sat up on my bed, and Tilly sat next to me. The very first thing she did was look me in the eye, searching for the words and I looked back - longingly. The words starting pouring out of her mouth, and I looked back at her - outstood.

I reached my arms over to her and pulled her into a tight hug. She paused, a silence, and I didn't want to let go. My body numb, my mind blank. She was like a landing to reality, a harsh reminder that I have a life - outside of Riverside.

Once I let go, she carried on spelling words about her seeing me and happiness, my mind was blank, and Claire locked her eyes onto mine, and mouthed, are you okay? I promptly nodded and with drawn my attention from her and back to Tilly, who was sat next to me.

Things proceeded to go well, and at the day went on, we even went for a walk, before by the pond she turned to my face on, her eyes once more looking into me for something.. Yet getting nothing.

"Eff, come on, please". Tilly pleaded with me. I looked up and nodded before she turned and whispered; " You have no motive to leave, please Effie, consider this. When your better, come live with me and we'll make a life - I promise."

Gentle tears dripped down my face, they were something to live for, quite possibly. Hope wasn't over for me; just yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Dannie,

Something good happened today, Tilly has asked me to go live with her after Riverside, maybe they is a life out there for me and I have a chance? You'll always be my soulmate, but perhaps this is it?

Love you as always - sorry

Eff xx