Chapter Ten

Chapter 10

Things were weird for me when I first came around; I'd found myself in a medium sized room, with a soft bed, and little furnishings, the four walls around me were creme and covered in bizarre soft panels, and the floor was incredibly soft between my feet. I was overwhelmed and confused, and I only learnt after - I was in a safe room to protect myself since I was so unstable.

The very first thing I really understood; was when Clare came to talk to me with a team of three other members of staff to do an assessment, so they could at least figure out where to start with me. I was so incredibly tired and overwhelmed, I didn't particularly want to be involved but wasn't left any choice; besides I was one of Riverside's most complicated cases...

The conversation went somewhat along the lines of...

" Effie, do you have a full understanding of what's happening?" Claire looked at me, staring into my eyes looking for a sign of life. I stared back with a shrug... "Effie, how'd you feel today?"

A random lady looked at me and asked, she and two others were sat on the floor cross-legged, with clipboards and files. Clare was stood next to me, and I was lying flat out on the bed, feeling trapped and, at least, attempting to block out all my emotions.

"Fine. Never been better." I muttered flatly under my breath, and the lady whispered something under her breath and I cast a look at her, and already hated her.

Clare looked at me pleadingly...

"Effie comes on - You've got suicidal tendencies and keep messing your arms up... We need to know what to do. We can't just leave you like this... Can we? Your cooperation would be greatly appreciated."

I got up and looked them all in the eyes...

"F**k you! You have no clue... I killed my best friend and you're telling me what I can or cannot do? F**k off!" I stood up and starting running in circles...

Clare launched herself at me and somehow grabbed me with her petite body...She started wrestling me to the ground, and within seconds I collapsed into sobbing tears, and all the staff rushed over to assist.

Then I started screaming, muffled cries for Dannie, and within them seconds they decided to put me somewhere else, these four cream wall's were sending me insane - psychotic.

"Dannie!" "Help!"

My agonising screams between the attempt to make me stop just didn't bring Dannie back, yet in my head, she was there... Whispering to me and reassuring me it'd be okay.

I really was insane.