Seven

"Achoo!" I sneeze into my blanket. My heads pounding and I was dripping in a cold sweat.

"Hey, sweetie. You okay?" My dad asks, stepping into my room. I shake my head.

"I feel like crap..." I reply, my voice hoarse.

"Had too much fun with your boyfriend last night?" He questions, raising a brow. Heat rushes to my cheeks. How did he find out?

"N-No..." I mumble back, crossing my arms.

"Sure... Anyway, I'll have mom call the school to let them know you're not going to be there. Will you be okay home alone?"

"Mhmm." I reply, sinking back into my covers. He bends down and kisses my head before leaving me alone. Before I could go back to bed, my phone starts to ring. I lazily pick it up and put it up to my ear.

"Hey, (Y/N)." It was Makoto.

"Oh. Hi, Mako..." I mumble, almost falling asleep.

"Haru and I are about to head over to your house to pick you up. Are you ready?" He asks.

"About that..." I mumble, sitting up. "I'm sick... I'm not going to be in school."

"Are you okay?" He frantically asks, concern fills his voice.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I just need rest." I mumble back.

"Okay, well, I hope you feel better."

"Thanks. Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and went to sleep.

*Time skip*

I wake up to my door bell ringing. I grumble as I walk up to the door. I open it and see Makoto.

"Makoto...?" I mumble, tilting my head.

"Hello (Y/N)-chan. I'm sorry to wake you up." He apologizes, scratching the back of his head. I notice that he has a bag of produce in his other hand.

"What're you doing here? Remember I'm sick?" I say and soon after, I cough.

"That's exactly why I came. I notice that your parents are gone and you're here alone so, I hope you don't mind but, I-I'd like to take care of you..." Makoto rambled, the tips of his ears turn a bright red. My already flushed face, heats up even more.

"I-I don't need a babysitter..." I stutter, avoid his forest-like eyes.

"I insist. It's only fair that I return the favor." He states with a chuckle.

"Favor?" I question, trying to figure out what he was getting at.

"Yup! Remember when we were kids and how you took care of me when I had the flu?"

The memory suddenly returns to my head.

*Flashback*
(Twelve)

"Can Makoto come out, Mrs. Tachibana? (In Japan, I'm not too sure what people refer to their friends parents as (like San or something) so, I'll just do Mrs/Mr). I asks, looking up at the woman. She frowns a bit.

"Oh, I'm sorry (Y/N)-chan. Makoto is sick with the flu." She says, sadness in her voice. Disappointment washes over me.

"I see..." I mumble. Before saying bye and walking away, an idea popped in my head. "Hey, maybe I can help you take care of him? I'm practically immune to all sicknesses so, I won't get the flu! Please! I really want to hang out with Makoto!" I practically beg. Mrs. Tachibana chuckles at my excitement.

"Well, I do have to run to the store to get medicine for him. You can watch him until I return." She gives in. After ruffling my hair, she lets me into her home and leaves. According to her, Mr. Tachibana took the twins out so they don't get sick. I assume Makoto is in his room so, I made my way upstairs. I open his door slowly and see that he is wrapped in a blanket like a cocoon on his bed.