Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

"You might want to write a note to your -uh...family." Michael said randomly. They were --apparently from what he said-- about to leave; and Willow jumped a little by how he remembered her family. She didn't want to admit that she had completely forgotten about how worried her family would be.

            Watching Michael carefully she went inside her drawer and grabbed a piece of paper and pen. She was halfway through the note when it occurred to her, "When will I come back?" She asked.

            Michael looked over at her, "I don't know. Tell them if you don't come back tomorrow night not to wait for you."

            Willow felt her stomach flip, that didn't sound good...she continued to write the note nonetheless.

            "Alright," Willow replied, "There. I'm done."

            Dear Mom, Dad, Jasper, Ara, and Gretel,

            Well, you wouldn't believe what has happened the past few days. It has been hectic and weird. I love you all, and I didn't want to go, but I just feel like I have to, you know
              I should see you soon enough.
             I love you all, stay safe, please!

             Love, Willow

            PS. Please do not involve the government, I am alright and don’t want this to be more trouble than it is worth. I love you all, again. I love you and hope to return to you soon. And I'll play Candy Land with you, Gretel, as soon as I get home.

            "Cute note," Michael said, looking over her shoulder. Willow snapped the note to her chest. She didn't know why, but she felt like he had just read her diary or her personal journal.

            He smiled slightly at her uneasiness.  "Let's get going." Digging into one of his numerous pockets, he pulled out a small black device and threw it on the ground. The black device seemed to have exploded, and before Willow could even blink, a large blue circle appeared in the middle of the living room. Wind seemed to come out of it, blowing Willow's midnight hair all over the place. She remembered the same circle in the alley. She knew Gretel wouldn't wake up, even with all this racket.

            Gretel. She couldn't leave her baby sister, who was barely eight, all alone. "Michael, I can't leave Gretel all by herself."

            "Don't worry." Michael shouted over the wind, "We'll keep an eye on her."

            Before Willow could ask what he meant, he grabbed her hand, and pulled her through the circle.

            She felt herself being tossed and punched, but Michael's hand never faltered. Then blackness. Her head was swimming, and when she finally opened her eyes, the only thing she could think of was,

            I am definitely not in my living room.

* * * * * * * * * *

            "Gosh, we're supposed to keep her safe, and she's already knocked out. Nice job, Michael." Alicia scoffed.

            "It's not my fault she nearly landed on her head!" Michael said, defensively. He had held onto her as hard as he could to make sure she didn’t land on her head or break a bone, it didn’t work though.         

            "You're an idiot." Alicia said, lightly punching him in the arm. Michael lightly pushed her away, smiling. She smiled back, and they started laughing.

            "You guys!" Chelsea said, grabbing Michael's sleeve and tugging on it. "Look, I think I saw her eyes flutter, she's waking up."

            Michael looked over at her unconscious form. She looked peaceful, probably one of the most peaceful sight he had ever seen. Well,he thought,that won't last long. 

----------------

So this was a short chapter mostly because the original chapter is actually a mix of this chapter the next chapter and the chapter after that so I decided to break em up.