Chapter 12

• Dedicated to My sister, Esmee

Chapter 12:

        They were all business now, Michael putting away the weapons he had used in neat stacks, Chris and Alicia hurrying out of the room, and Chelsea motioning Willow to follow her. It seemed like a short walk with no real conversations except a few comments here and there. Chelsea led Willow to her room and gently pushed her in, “Wait here, I’ll try to find some gear that’ll fit you.”

                Willow waited awkwardly in the middle of the room, not knowing what to do with herself. Just as she was about to sit on the bed, the door opened. She expected to see Chelsea, but it was Michael instead.

                They simply looked at each other for a split-second before Michael cleared his throat. "I thought you might want this, it’s a book about everything there is to know about the UnderWorld." He held out a large book and Willow took it gently.

                “Thank you.”

                “No problem.” And with that he turned on his heels and left the room.

                Willow shrugged at his sudden act of kindness and sat on the bed to look at the book. It was a thick book, with green binding. The cover had 'The UnderWorld' written elegantly across. She cautiously opened it, as if it would explode the minute she looked at it.

                It didn't explode, to her relief. The pages were stained and old and the writing looked as if it were written with a feather pen. Probably was, as she thought about it. She had never held a book so old-looking before.

                Her fingers grabbed the page and turned it as carefully as she could. The paper, although looked incredibly fragile, was thick and strong. The first page had “Introduction” written across it and Willow moved the book so she could lay on her stomach to read it.        

           The UnderWorld is a complicated place and one would never learn everything there is to it through a book, but I have tried my best to gather as much information about it as I could to make life and teachings of this place a little easier.

        Do not expect, young one, to finish this book and think you could easily complete quizzes and travel through its vast lands. This book is merely facts about things that inhabit this world.

        If you are truly seeking knowledge there is an adventure waiting for you, go and get it.

        Sincerely,

        Andrijan Wragg

        Ganash Headquater of CarvesWay River

        Willow turned the page, the words almost ringing in her ear.

                If you are truly seeking knowledge there is an adventure waiting for you, go and get it.

                For some reason, those words made her feel that maybe what she was doing—leaving her family and all—wasn’t such a bad idea after all.

                Her eyes wandered down to the first page.

                Ganash Headquarters