Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

The weapons room was impossibly larger than the library and it was filled from top to bottom in well, weapons. The weapons lined the walls and tables and even the ceiling. They varied from swords to bows and crossbows, spears and halberds, and whips and lassos and battle axes. There were some Willow couldn’t even tell what they were because they seemed like a combination of many things. There were some Ganashes in there, they were adults, dressed in gear and filled with weapons, talking to some strange man dressed in a black cloak.

                “Over here,” Chelsea said, taking Willow to the wall left of the door they had just walked through. “Are the Kopor Blades.”

                “What are Kopor Blades?” Willow responded, looking at the wall where the supposed “Kopor Blades” were. They seemed like normal weapons; although they didn’t have much selection.

                "Kopor means human or someone without any special powers. These blades are meant for people like you who can’t handle Ganash Blades, like the Deflector." Chelsea replied, grabbing a wide, heavy looking, plain sword off the wall and handing it to Willow. Willow grabbed it just to be pulled down by the weight. It was heavy! Heavier than she could carry and the blade clattered to the ground, the sound echoing through the room, bringing the eyes of the adult Ganashes and strange man on her.

                Chelsea laughed at her and she heard laughing behind her, too. Looking behind her, she saw Michael, looking amusingly at the blade on the floor. Willow tried her best not to blush and regained her composure. “That blade is heavy, there must be something lighter.”

                “Here,” Chelsea said, grabbing another blade off the wall. “This is a Polished Glass Kris, much lighter than the Deflector.” She handed the forearm sized, thin blade which was much lighter than the last blade, but still had some pretty good weight. She gave the blade back to Chelsea, whom carelessly dropped it on a nearby table.

                “Well, let’s stock up.” Chelsea said, running to a table on the far left side of the room and grabbing a couple of what Willow guessed were belts. She ran back to Willow, gave her the belts. “This one goes around your waist, this one around the arm, this one around your other arm. We won’t need a lot of weapons so I won’t be giving you many belts.” She said, pointing to each individual blade. Willow carefully wrapped the waist belt around her waist, taking a moment to figure out how to attach it. But then came the problem of putting the belts around her arms, she wouldn’t never be able to latch it with one hand.

                Michael seemed to have seen her struggling and to her surprise, he came over, “Here.” He said, latching it around her arm for her. Then he walked to her other side and took the last belt, which was in her hands and latched her other arm. The feeling of his fingers touching her arm gave her the shivers, but she wouldn’t show it.

                “Thank you.” She replied to him, careful not to make direct eye contact.

                He nodded, “No problem.” And walked away without another word or glance.

                Chelsea came back with her arms full of weapons that she dropped on the same table she had dropped the Polished Glass Kris on. She then carefully took some blades out and put them in the belts.

                She didn’t give Willow many weapons at all. Just a couple small daggers and the Polished Glass Kris in the arm belts and three long blades in the waist belt.