Chapter 36

----------

ANOTHER chapter dedicated to AAA1800 (ApplesAreAwesome1800) for all the support and EPIC conversations!

--------

Chapter 32:

Sunlight poured into the bedroom and Willow got up grudgingly. She stretched and cracked her back before looking around.

Today was Sunday, no training, no learning. As if to make her point, her entire body ached from the endless weeks of exercising and discussing why she could touch Ganash Blades. It had been a week since Katrina has been home, now.

Katrina was kind to her, but mostly ignored her whenever came the chance. She wasn't particularly fond of Willow, but she never truly showed it.

Evelyn came in and set some clean clothes on the edge of the bed. "Good morning, Willow."

"Good morning," Willow replied.

Without another word, Evelyn left. Evelyn knew Willow wasn't a morning person and that it was safer to leave her alone this early. Willow got up from the bed, and winced as all her sore muscles screamed for pity.

She stumbled like a drunk toward her window and looked outside. It was a fairytale morning, with birds chirping and sun bright. She felt like a princess looking from her castle window out toward her kingdom. Though, the way she was hunched and how her eyes were scrunching because of the sun, she probably looked far from a princess. On top of it all, her hair was probably a hay stack.

She was a little more on her balance by the time she was in the bathroom getting ready for a shower. They had plumbing here in the UnderWorld, with hot and cold water. But, it was a much different system than the ones in the UpperWorld. She had learned that Ganashes and Elves were the only two species that had the luxury of a shower. Other villages had aqueducts and things to transport water, but nothing like a shower.

She had also learned that Ganashes are really the only thing like the UpperWorld. Almost all of the UnderWorld was just poor villages or strong kingdoms. There were no guns, or bombs, or tanks and definitely not cars. The UnderWorld was much less advanced than the UpperWorld.

Willow got into the shower and turned the rusty faucet on. The water came out freezing at first, but Willow was used to that, now. Slowly, the warmth seeped into the cold and the shower was steaming. She let the warm water wash over and sighed. It relaxed her sore, tense muscles and this was the time she wished RiverPlain had baths, or a hot tub, either one.

Once the water started to turn cold, (which was all too soon) Willow got out and dried herself. She got dressed in plain, boot cut jeans and a plain blue light t-shirt.

She looked outside and furrowed her eyebrows. A raise of black clouds covered the sky and came somewhere near the mountains and near RiverPlain.

Willow swore it looked like smoke.

~~~~~~

Katrina suited up and half-ran to the weapons room. There was her group, Julie, Kevin, and Jack getting suited up. A help fire message had been sent to RiverPlain not too long ago. A village was being attacked by Smoulders. Smoulders were nasty fire breathers, but they never came anywhere near here, more near Juquiq Volcano.

It wasn't only her group in the weapons room, there was also Michael and his group. Michael looked up when she walked in, but didn't say anything. She never cared he never looked at her with any emotions, it wasn't like she did, either. He didn't have to act madly in love with for eight years now. He still, though, had to act that he cared about her life and she had to act that she cared about his. They still had to maintain the picture of the two of them together, and they definitely could not fall in love with anybody else. It was why she held something against Willow.