Chapter 1

"Jack! Get down here!" Jack's mother, a kind woman named Jane yelled. 

"What is it, Mom?" Jack asked, running down the stairs. 

"Look. You got a letter from Hogwarts," she said. She handed him his letter and Jack quickly scanned over it. 

"Wow! I can't believe I'm going," Jack said. 

"Yes. I was afraid they might not have set it. What with... With us living so far out," Jane said, hesitantly. 

"What do you mean? We don't live that far out. Besides, we are wizards so it shouldn't be a problem anyway," Jack said. 

"Yes. Of course not. What was I thinking," Jane said with a tense laugh. 

"When do I get to go to Hogwarts, Mommy?" Emma, Jacks little sister asked. 

"Well, honey. You might not get to go. You see, we don't have a lot of money and even just having Jack go is going to cost us a lot of money," Jane said. She was a tailor and more and more wizards and witches were using magic to tailor their clothes just right without needing a tailor. Emma got all sad and mopey. 

"I'm sorry, honey. But who knows. Maybe the need for a tailor will rise and we can pay for both of you to go. You never know," Jane said. Emma brightened up. 

"Really! Oh, I hope so," she said. 

"Yes. We just have to wait two years and then we can see when the letter comes for you, too," Jane said. She hoped to Merlin that in two years she would have the extra money. 

"Well, what is it that we need to get you?" Jane asked, turning back to Jack. 

"Yes. At the bottom it gives a list of everything I need from books to a wand," Jack said. 

"Fantastic. We'll go next week. I do hope it's not too expensive," Jane said.

"Mother! Mother! My letter came!" Rapunzel screamed, shaking her letter around. 

"Really?" her mother, Gothel, said. 

"Well, it was bound to come. Your a witch and you told me Father was a great wizard," Punzie said. 

"Yes. But, are you sure you want to go. It's very different out there," Mother Gothel said. 

"Absolutely. This is Hogwarts! What I dream about!" Punzie said. 

"Well, I'm not very sure if I want you going," Mother Gothel said. 

"What! I have to go," Rapunzel whined. 

"Certainly not with that attitude you aren't. Also, I'm not sure you're ready for the outside world. It's a very dangerous place out there," Mother Gothel said. 

"Please, Mother. Going to Hogwarts is all I think about. I really want to go," Rapunzel said. She looked into her mothers eyes with her sad for eyes. 

"Fine. Next week we can get all of your things," Mother Gothel said. 

"Yay! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I can't wait to pick out my wand. I hope it's as beautiful as yours," Punzie said. 

"And I guess I could make your favorite soup tonight as a celebration," Mother Gothel said. 

"I would love that! I can't wait for Hogwarts," Rapunzel said, hugging her. 

"Anything for you, dear. And then tomorrow we can go over all of the safety measures and what to do around strangers and in new places," Mother Gothel said.