Chapter 5

North sat down in his headmaster chair.

"Sit down, you two. Do you want a candy cane?" he offered, a bowl of candy canes on his desk.

"No, thank you," Hiccup politely said, but Punzie took one for herself. They sat there for a few moments, until Hiccup spoke up.

"Why did you call us in here?" he asked.

"I know," he said to them, very seriously.

"Know-Know what?" Punzie asked. Her eyes had gone large with the same nervousness as Hiccup felt, sitting rigidly in his chair. Hiccup had no idea what North was talking about. He certainly had no shared secrets with Punzie and he hadn't been here long enough for anybody to have figures out his personal secret. Professor North let out a chuckle.

"Don't look so nervous. I only meant I know that you two were eavesdropping to find out what had happened to your friends," Professor North said. Hiccup let out a sigh of relief.

"So. Do you want to know what happened?" Professor North asked.

"No. We're fine. We had no idea they had been here," Hiccup lied through his teeth. Professor North looked at him and Hiccup was afraid he was going to call him out.

"Well, may we leave now?" Hiccup asked.

"I suppose so. It was lovely getting to meet you two. I know your father, Stoic very well," North said.

"Nice to meet you too," Punzie said and they left the Headmasters office. Then, they sprinted down the corridor until the had turned the corner.

"That was so nerve racking!" Punzie said. Hiccup nodded.

"He was so serious. Wow was I wrong about his personality. I thought he was going to be like more like Santa Claus. He certainly looked the part," Punzie said. Hiccup nodded in agreement, although he was thinking. His father never mentions Professor North before and the way he talked about his father, it seemed like they had been good friends. He would have to ask his father about it sometime. Then, they had lunch time after flying. After they had told Professor Merryweather try had been with Professor North, she excused them. They sat at their tables. Punzie sat at her table and leaned over to where Jack was sitting. She poked him on the shoulder.

"Jack!" she said.

"Hey Punzie. What is it?" he asked.

"Why were you and Merida sent to the Headmasters office?" she asked.

"Oh you know. We flew to fast and too high in flying class," Jack said.

"So? Didn't Harry Potter do something like that? He got rewarded for it, too. Youngest quidditch player to be seeker," Punzie said.

"Ya, well we're not Harry Potter," Jack said.

"What did Professor North do to you two?" Punzie asked.

"Oh, not too much really. Just gave us a safety lecture. It was really very boring," Jack said. On the other side of the room, Merida was telling the exact same story to Hiccup.

"He told us that it was extremely dangerous for beginners like us. We could have gotten extremely hurt. Merryweather was right in stopping us. Blah blah blah. I started to zone out. It was kind of boring. And then he just let is go," Merida said.

"Just like that? No punishment at all?" Hiccup asked.

"Well, he did make us promise to not do it again, but that was about it," Merida shrugged.

"Professor North sure is a strange guy," Hiccup said.

"No kidding. Half the time it seems as though he's a jolly old man but the other half he's nearly scaring is half to death," Merida said. Then, she went back to her soup.

Punzie got back to her common room after her classes ended. Wilbur was sitting in one of the chairs with Violet and they were playing Wizards chess. From the looks of it, they were extremely well matched.

"Hey," Punzie said to them before going up to her room. Cinderella was cleaning again. This time she was washing the windows, which was good. They were getting dirty.

"Do you want any help?" Punzie asked.

"Oh no, it's fine. I actually kind of like cleaning. Besides, I don't really have any hobbies," Cinderella said.

"Then we new to get you some," Tiana said. She was laying on her bed reading a book.

"Everybody has hobbies. I love cooking, Rapunzel likes painting, and even Wendy, the most homely one-"

"Hey!" Wendy said.

"As I was saying, she likes sewing," Tiana said.

"She's not wrong," Wendy said. She was sitting on her own bed, sewing herself a new shirt.

"So, what do you like?" Punzie prompted, sitting on her bed. She had to brush her hair after the long day.

"Well, I suppose I like singing. The animals think I have a very nice voice," Cinderella said.

"The animals?" Tiana asked.

"Yes. When I sing, they just happen to flock to me," Cinderella said. The other three looked at her.

"Here. I can show you," she said and pushed the window open. She started to sing a melody. A bird came and sat on the window will then another. Soon, there were birds everywhere. On the window sill, sitting on Cinderella's arms, and all over everybody's beds and on their trunks.

"Okay. Okay. We get it! We don't want the birds pooping in everything" Tiana said, sweeping all the birds out as Cinderella stopped singing.

"Sorry. See what I told you," Cinderella said. She closed the window and pulled out the broom and dustpan. She started to sweep up all of the feathers.

"You know what, you just do you. I'm not going to try to change you," Tiana said and went back to reading her book.

Hiccup also got back to his common room. Aurora and Hiro were playing Gobstones on the ground.

"Hey, Hiccup," they said. Just then, on of the marbles shot out foul smelling liquid on Hiro, making Aurora laugh.

"That's so gross. Why are you playing that?" Hiccup asked.

"I kept beating Aurora at wizards chess so she insisted we play something else or she would leave," Hiro said. Aurora shrugged.

"What can I say. I guess I just hate losing," she said. She then missed the marble she had been aiming for and the marble shot smelly liquid on her too.

"Shoot!" she said.

"So, how are you liking the Ravenclaw house. Do you have good roommates?" Hiro asked.

"Not really. They're all kind of strange. One of them is kind of moody, one rarely ever talks, and the last one is obsessed with superheroes," Hiccup said.

"Well, you better learn to like them because they're going to be your roommate for the next 7 years," Aurora said.

"I know. Please don't remind me," Hiccup said.

"Don't worry. It gets better. And when you're a third year like me, you get to go to Hogsmeade," Aurora said.

"Hogsmeade. I've heard great things about it. Unfortunately I still have to wait a year for it," Hiro said.

"Well, it will come quickly. Before you know it, you'll be going, too," Aurora said.

"You're just saying that because you get to go this year," Hiro grumped.

"Yeah, maybe," Aurora laughed.