Chapter 6

One year later

Jack walked to Platform 9, when he saw Hiccup and his father. 

"Hey, Hiccup!" he said and waved. Hiccup waved back at him. Jack walked over to them. 

"Hi, I'm Jane. Jack's mother," Mrs. Overland said to Stoic, shaking his hand. 

"Stoic. Proud father of Hiccup, a Gryffindor," Stoic said. Jack looked at Hiccup, who avoided his eyes. 

"My Jack is a Slytherin. You know, Slytherins and Gryffindors are supposed to be rivals," Jane said. 

"Hiccup has quite a good temperament. He can even be friends with cunning Slytherins like you," Stoic said, patting his son on the back. Jane's smile tightened. 

"Yes. I do hope my daughter becomes a Slytherin too. That way Jack can watch over her," Jane said. 

"You want to run through with me?" Jack asked Hiccup. 

"Sure," Hiccup said. 

"Three... Two... One!" they said and ran through the wall to the other side. The came through the other side to see the whole place bustling with life. Then, Hiccups father and Jack's mother and sister ran through. They had switched their conversation to their favorite magical creatures. 

"Bye sweetheart. Be safe!" Jane said, kissing Jack on his cheeks and hugging him. 

"Bye, son. Make me proud," Stoic said to his son. Hiccup nodded. He and Jack got onto the train. They found an empty train car and put their stuff on the luggage rack. 

"So, you're still doing that," Jack said. 

"What?" Hiccup asked. 

"Cut the crap. You know what I'm talking about," Jack said. Hiccup sighed.

"You can't keep lying to your father," Jack said. 

"I can and I will. Did you see the look on my fathers face? That was pride," Hiccup said. Jack sighed. 

"Look. I'm all for you having your fathers love, but he's going to find out and he'll just be more angry. Besides, he should love you for you," Jack reasoned. Hiccup just stared out the window. Then, the compartment door slid open and in came Merida and Punzie. They were chatting about what they did this summer. 

"I spent my summer riding my horse Angus and shooting at targets," Merida said. 

"I love horses. I wish I had one, but my mom barely let's me outside let alone getting a horse," Punzie said. 

"I had to beg my mom to let have a horse. And even then, I had to beg even more just for her to let me not ride saddle side. Have you seen it? Nobody can do anything riding saddle side!" Merida said. 

"Hey Jack! Hey Hiccup!" Punzie said, wrapping them each into a tight hug. 

"Hey, Punzie," Jack and Hiccup said. 

"How was your summer?" she asked. 

"I started working at the forge as a blacksmith apprentice to Gobber," Hiccup said, shrugging. 

"Not much. Just hung out with the family as usual," Jack said, and then added,"Also, Hiccup still hasn't told his father".  

"Hiccup! We talked about this. You were gonna tell your father," Merida said. 

"I know, I know," Hiccup grumbled. "You say your a proud Ravenclaw, but you won't even tell your dad! You can't you borrow my robes, anymore. Now you'll have to tell your dad," Merida huffed.