Chapter 7

Jack, Hiccup, Merida, and Punzie were in the infirmary. Madame Flora had checked out Jack, but had found out that he had miraculously no injuries at all, even though his clothes were stained with blood. Punzie and Hiccup were being healed from the cuts they had gotten from the crows and Merida was just resting from almost drowning from the river. Other students had been recounting their own horror stories. Two other carriages had been attacked. One group had been attacked by wolves, another had been attacked also by crows. Then, Professor North came in.

"Professor North! What's going on?" Jack spoke up. Other students spoke up, too.

"Ya! What's going on?"

"Why did they only attack us?"

"I'm scared!"

"Nothing to concern yourselves with. A few of the forest animals were just spooked," Professor North said in his thick Russian accent.

"Really? That's all?" Jack asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes. I wouldn't lie to you. Well. I just wanted to check in on you to make sure you're all okay," Professor North said and then left the infirmary.

"Come on. We have to go follow him," Jack said, standing up.

"Why?" Merida asked.

"It's obvious he was lying and then lying about lying. We have to find out what's going on," Jack said.

"Okay! We can be like spies!" Punzie said.

"Or like stalkers," Hiccup said. Jack rolled his eyes. Then, they left the infirmary. They followed Professor North. They assumed he was going to his office, but then he took a left instead of a right.

"Where's he going?" Jack whispered. Professor North took another left.

"I know! He's going to the Charms class!" Punzie said. They followed as Professor North went through the door. They all peeked through the window.

"Pitch! You monster!" he said, his fists clenched.

"What are you talking about?" Pitch asked. He was sitting at his desk, reading a Charms book.

"I know it was you. You possessed those animals to attack the students!" North said.

"Now, what would make you think that?" Pitch asked.

"The animals were black, Pitch! Your magic is the only one makes the animal go black!" North growled. Pitch closed his book.

"That's a big accusation. How dare you barge into my room and accuse me of that! I love teaching and I love my students. I would never do such a thing," Pitch growled back, standing up. Both were breathing, heavily, glaring at each other.

"How long have you known me?" Pitch asked.

"Pitch, I'm-" North began.

"How long have you know me?" Pitch demanded.

"30 years," North said.

"30 years we've known each other. And yet, when you see animals attacking students, you immediately jump to the conclusion that it was me because the animal were black," Pitch said, his voice seething with hurt and anger.

"I'm sorry, Pitch. You're right," North said.

"Now, please get out of my room," Pitch said, pointing to the door. North walked to the door and the four jumped away and ran down the corridor.

"That was crazy! It has to be Pitch!" Jack said.

"No! It can't be. We were just attacked by crows. Have you seen crows of any color besides black?" Hiccup argued.