Chapter 19

I'm so happy right now I just got a B on my math test. Well, technically a C but I convinced Mrs. Cornwell to give me a B since I was only two points off. A 78 percent come on! I waited till all the students were gone to ask her so she could give it to me low key if you know what I mean. I begged and said I wouldn't leave till she would do it and starve to death during lunch since I'm begging for my grade instead of at being at lunch. Where I should be. She finally gave in from annoyance and I can't wait to tell Charlie.

I enter the cafeteria and look around for Charlie. My eyes scan the room and instead of Charlie, I find myself looking at Mr. Reed.

What is he doing in the cafeteria at lunchtime?

I walk over to him and soon his eyes meet mine " Hello Ms. Miller" I hear him talk all professionally to me since we were in school.

" Hey, Mr. Reed " I smile " Are you on lunch duty today? "

He nodded " Yeah someone called out sick and they had no one else to call. So here I am I guess. Watching all these hormonal teenagers eating like pigs or eating each other's faces. This exactly how I like spending my lunch break. " he says sarcastically

I laughed " I'm glad you're having fun. " I look around the cafeteria. Wow, he is so right about them eating like pigs." Well, I'm going to go join the hormonal bunch and eat FOOD. " I emphasized the word food.

He laughed " I hope you enjoy your food "

I smile and turn away immediately my eyes land on Ashley surrounded by the group of boys except for Charlie maybe she knows where he is.

I walk over to Kai, Zack and Ashley engrossed in what seems like an interesting conversation.

" Hey guys, " I say and sit down and immediately they all went quiet.

" Oh hey, Faith I didn't see you there. " Ashley smiles awkwardly

" Yeah hey, " they say in allusion.

I smile " Sorry to interrupt you guys can continue. "

They all three said " No "' at the same time.

Something is definitely up with them.

" Okay, " I say awkwardly " Where is Charlie I need to tell him something. "

They all three looked at each other with wide eyes then Kai spoke up

" Um uh, why should we know where he is " he acted like it was a trick question.

" Umm, I don't know 'cause you're his friend. " I tell him

He nodded " Oh yeah "

" What is happening why are you guys acting so weird? "

No response

" Is there like a terrorist attack or something? " Of course bring the president's daughter you always think of Terrorism.

" Haha no, you're so funny Faith. It's just that " she starts to ramble making it very hard to comprehend what she is saying because she is talking so fast. " Charlie .. immigrant ..Cuba .. he .. deported .. now. "

" What?! " what I managed to get from her quick ramble didn't seem good.

Then all three started to fight I could only hear bits and pieces of their whispering.

" Really .. Deported couldn't think of anything better? "

I hear Ashley's voice " I don't know I panicked I didn't know what to say I'm bad at secrets. "

" When is this going to go down "

Then all of a sudden I hear Charlie's loud voice and look up.

I see Charlie standing at a lunch table with a microphone in his hand. What the hell does he think he is doing?