.35

[ ariana grier ]

"our one year anniversary is tomorrow." i said.

"it is, you're right." shawn said as we walked along the shoreline.

"i cant believe it's already been a year. time flies." i said and squeezed his hand.

"it's been the best year of my life, i promise you that." he said making me blush.

"i could say the same."

-

shawn dropped me off at home, he had to go home for a family emergency. neither of us are sure what happened, but he said he'll let me know. ive grown really close to his family. they're amazing.

he's grown close with everyone but my mom. she's just a grumpy bat i swear. my dad and shawn are like best friends, it's almost weird.

i sat on my bed and grabbed my guitar and decided to sing random verses from different songs. i enjoy singing any type of music. pop, country, even rap! shawn and i have little rap battles all the time. the freestyles are THE best. it's so funny.

"if you ever find yourself lost in the middle of the sea,
ill sail the world,
to find you.
and if you ever forget how much you really mean to me,
everyday i will,
remind you." i sang.

"sing some dre!" nash yelled as he ran by my room.

i laughed and started trying to play the tune of one of dre's songs.

"it's the mother fucking d.r.e,"

"Dr.Dre motha fucka!" nash yelled.

i laughed again.

"you know i'm mobbing with the d.o double g."

"snoop dog!" he yelled again.

"i'm done!" i yelled and sat my guitar down.

i lied on my back and sighed. it's crazy to think i've almost been with shawn for a whole year.

- the next day

i woke up to someone blasting green day downstairs. i love green day.

it must be nash? no, nash hates green day. why? because he's insane. that's why.

"wake up ariana! wake up!" i heard.

shawn.

that's shawn.

i laughed and ran out of bed and downstairs.

"happy one year anniversary!" he yelled.

i examined the room seeing him standing there with a ton of white roses (my personal favorite;), a small gift box, and like five CD's stacked by the box.

"baby,"

"you're amazing." i said.

he smiled and i hugged him.

"open this!" he said handing me the box.

i smiled and grabbed it from him. i took the note off of it and read it.

'how have you put up with me for a whole year already? ;)
i love you.
- your sexy beast shawn.'

i laughed and sat the note down on the coffee table. i glanced up at shawn who was staring at the box in my hands.

"go on!" he rushed me.

i silently laughed and opened the box.

i couldn't believe what i saw. the most beautiful ring any girl could ever imagine.

^^ personally my favorite ring my eyes have ever witnessed

"shawn i-"

"it's not a proposal! boy that'd be the suckiest proposal ever." he laughed.

i looked up at him and smiled, feeling my cheeks heat up fast.

"it's a promise ring. i want us to make a promise to each other. no matter what happens between us, i want us both to stay strong and fight for us. please just promise me nothing but you. you are all i need. all i want." he said holding my now shaking hand in his.

"shawn.. i love you." i said as a tear slipped down my cheek.

"darling don't cry," he laughed and held me tight in his arms.

"and i love you too."

could this moment get any more perfect?

-

i aspire to marry shawn peter raul mendes.