First Step

The days getting stranger. Not in this ever peaceful prison, but on the surface.

That's right... exactly far above me, the first division. I can even notice that there's no any captain's reiatsu in first division. At least there supposed to be that old man's strong reiatsu.

In contrast, actually I've been feeling this familiar and disgusting reiatsu that scratching against my skin. It's the reiatsu of almost all of the shinigami's enemy.

The quincy.

Troublesome pathetic being that got better brain than the shinigami above my head. Still far below than me, but who knows? After all those years, perhaps they're done with evolving from mere apes.

But set aside of that, are they finally invading the soul society? It's clear that they do not have any lands, huh? Pathetic.

But it should be fun to witness this fight. Shinigami against Quincy, it's a story that will never get old. But it would be a problem if they destroy my soul society. I can't afford Hasu to transfered in the middle of fight.

I wish those shinigami captain can handle this as soon as possible.

" Hello Sousuke-san. "

There she is, my muse.

" Hello, Hasu. How's your day? "

" Hello, Sousuke-san. I'm fine today. As always, I didn't do much today at the hospital. Only mother who keep nursing me. She read my favorite story today. It brings back memories. "

I can feel her smile when she tell me that. Recently I even can feel when she's sad or happy just from her voice. I'm pleased with it, I feel getting connected even more.

" Your mother really loves you, doesn't she? "

Although many foolish people see me as a heartless criminal, I would prefer to call myself as a "Heart-less-user-" criminal. The depth of the sea is not comparable to motherly love. At least I know that much.

" Yes, she's really kind and patient. Before I met you Sousuke-san, I keep make a wish to die already. I'm sad when I saw mother crying face or when father couldn't visit us at the hospital. Now that I think about it, maybe father didn't really care about me anymore and I'm the reason behind mother's tears. "

. . .

" Don't be upset, Hasu. If only I were to be by your side I would have hold you in my arms, brush your hair, protect you, calm you, caring you, and love you more than I've ever did. So please, don't be sad alright, Hasu? I promise I will give you all the affection that you deserve. "

" Yes... yes, Sousuke-san... I love you... thank you so much. "

" Silly you, Hasu. I'm doing this for our own good. You know what, if seeing your mother makes you sad, I will tell you how to make her happy even at your current state. "

" Happy...? I can make her happy even though I couldn't do anything? "

" Yes you can. But not right now, the least thing you can do for now is to only give your sweet smile to her. "

" Smile... oh yes... that's right. I should show her how grateful I am to her. "

" Smart girl. "

We talked for hours while I keep feeling irked by this familiar reiatsu. That's right. That guy who's rather hard for me to forgive.

Kurosaki Ichigo.