Chapter 13

The wait has been wayyyyy too long, I am so sorry! I kind of fell out of writing for a little while, and I'm not sure why. I've just been occupied with other things. I've gotten re-inspired though, so here's an extra long chapter! I will be updating my other stories in my usual order hopefully soon as well, so go check those out if you don't already read them.

Guys I got like 8 inches chopped off my hair the other day. It used to be sooo long - like down to my butt, no joke - and now it's chest length and it feels so weird. And I turn 17 on Friday, which is insane to me.

Anyway lol, thank you for being patient and I hope you enjoy the chapter. Don't hesitate to leave me a comment. xx

*Not edited*

Madison's POV

"Where are you going?" Carly's voice flooded the quite room, startling me as I tried to make a fast exit from the apartment. I jumped in my path and braced myself before turning around.

"Oh- um," I hesitated, cursing at myself in my head for not thinking of a cover before attempting to sneak out.

It was ridiculous that I needed to sneak out of my own apartment considering that I was twenty-years-old, but the lord knows that no one could escape the prying that Carly liked to do. She was like a freaking F.B.I. agent when she wanted to be.

"I was just going to go for a drive and maybe pick up something for dinner on my way back. We don't have many options to choose from here." I was impressed in my ability to create a lie on the spot, but I wasn't so sure that I was the most believable person. I was never good at hiding things, though I supposed I had kept these meetings a secret for a few weeks now so I mustn't have been terrible at it.

"Oh, well alright. Why do you always insist on rushing out the door?" She let out a laugh and walked closer to pull out a stool at the counter.

"I don't know... I never really noticed I did," I muttered as I began to fidget.

"I call bullshit!" She almost cheered, pointing her finger accusingly at me as she began to laugh some more. My eyes widened a little at her unexpected outburst and I giggled quietly along with her as if I got what she was getting at. "Maddy, I know why you always do that. You don't have to make up excuses, I get it." She smiled reassuringly and shrugged her shoulders.

My eyebrows furrowed together and I tilted my head to the side a little, growing confused by her confession. She knew? How? Did she figure it out after seeing Mr. Styles speaking to me at the restaurant last week? Now that I think of it, she never did question how I knew him.

"You do?" I questioned, my voice clearly laced with confusion and hesitation.

"Yes, I do. And I just want to say that I'm sorry. I don't think I will ever apologize enough to make me feel less guilty. What I did betrayed your trust and made you upset with me, and I understand that you are still guarded and so I get why you try to leave all the time without drawing my attention; you don't want confrontation because you're still mad at me," she asserted.

I blinked. I stood there for a moment in the silence as I took in her words. So she didn't know about the meetings, after all. I didn't know whether I was relieved or disappointed that I would still need to come clean eventually and admit that she was somewhat right in all of this.

"Oh," I cleared my throat. "Right." I forced out a small laugh and then shook my head.

"Is something wrong?" It was her turn to furrow her eyebrows.

"No, no. I should just probably go before rush hour starts." I turned to grab my bag and made my way to the door.

"See ya!" She called after me.