Chapter 7

The note at the end is kind of important-ish, so please take a minute to read it!

*Not edited yet*

Harry's POV

I pulled my car into the parking lot of the office, cursing myself for forgetting the files on my desk. I desperately needed to get more work done with sorting client information and organizing paperwork, and here I was rushing back to the building because I forgot all of my things. Things at the office had been very busy lately, with multiple new people coming in to see me, and the board hiring new interns that crowd the place in a rush to catch on to all the work hussle. It was stressful, and I had been struggling with keeping up on my responsibilities.

Being the highest counselor in the building, I was in charge of the amount of work that got completed within a certain timespan, and the other employees looked up to me for instructions. Since I had demonstrated the most progress and work initiative, I was promoted to the supervisor of the building. It was a stressful position, but I loved the responsibility and I took my work more seriously than anything. My boss, and the owner of the company, Henry Wahlberg, was a strict man with high expectations, and demanded a copy of all records be sent to me to be inspected at the end of every month. Client information was never allowed to be included, but names and a summary of progress needed to be completed and emailed to me by the deadline. From there, it was my job to go over every single one and determine if each employee was doing a well enough job here in Mr. Wahlberg's building. I reported back to him about the progress that each counselor seemed to be making with their clients overall. I supposed that was his way of making sure everyone was doing their job correctly and actually helping people the way they were supposed to be. His employees had to meet his standards.

I didn't particularly like the time around the deadline, as it was when I was the most busy. I had all of my usual work to complete plus I had to go over everyone else's. I loved having the highest position, but it did get tiring. I worked hard to make it to where I am now, because I craved for success. I came from a wealthy family that didn't have to work hard for much, because my father got his money from my grandparents. I didn't have to worry about money, I never had and I never would, but I wanted to prove to my family and everyone else that I didn't need to depend solely on my father's wealth. I worked for my own income and I didn't get sidetracked from work. What I had now when it came to my job position and success I had managed to reach, is because I did it myself, and I was proud to be able to say that.

When I graduated from university, my parents were keen on the idea of buying me the company that I dreamt of running, but the idea of that was absurd to me, so I easily declined the offer, much to their disapproval. I wanted to get my own job and start off like everyone else, making my way up, which is exactly what I am doing now. Over the course of just a few years, I had managed to get to the highest I could be in a company owned and ran by someone else. After several months of landing myself this job, my mother had been so insistent on doing at least something for me that her and my father stopped taking no for an answer, and bought me the condo I now lived in. I didn't like that I hadn't gotten it on my own, but it didn't bother me much anymore, because I knew that I was in a good enough state financially that I could have bought it myself if I had the chance, what with the money I was given from my family as a start off and the money I have earned over the years. I was well on my way to being able to purchase my own company and run my own business. Of course I would run my company as a counselor's office building, as that is what I have education in and I love that line of work, but I would no longer be a counselor myself, instead, I would be in charge of them. I dreamt of the day that I could begin that plan.

When I reentered the building, the secretary, Janette, shot me a bright smile, but also a slight look of confusion. I had left less than twenty minutes ago, so I supposed she was wondering what on earth I was doing back.