Chapter 2

Caroline's POV

morning

"Damon will come pick me up in about 4 hours, so we still have some time to do something fun." Elena said. "Why don't we go shopping?? I mean, you are really in need for some new clothes." I said and we both started laughing. Elena pretended to be hurt as she placed her hand on her heart. We both started laughing like crazy again. "Okay now... let's go" Elena said while giggling. 

2 hours later

Elena's POV

"Oh My God!! Caroline Forbes! That dress looks amazing on you!" I said in a exciting voice. "You seriously have to buy it!" I added. 

" I don't know..." she said. 

"Well I know, you look stunning and btw I won't take no for an answer" I said. Caroline started laughing 

"Okay.. Okay.." I started laughing as well. Out of nowhere she said "I will miss you Elena..." the laughing stopped. 

"I will miss you too Care.." I said and then I added "Come.. let's go to the next store!" to prevent us from crying again. 

After a lot of shopping we decided to go back to Caroline's house. While we were in the car I was looking through all the stuff I bought, meanwhile Caroline was driving. When we arrived at her house, I already saw Damon standing in front of the door. I saw that Caroline tried to cover up her sadness with a weak smile. Damon went to Caroline and gave her a big hug, they really bonded over the years despite of what he did to her when they first met. 

"We should get going" Damon said. 

"I will call you Caroline and we will come back. I love you." I said with a honest smile on my face. 

"I love you to Elena" she said. I already got into the car when I heard Damon say "I will miss you Blondie" 

"For some reason I will miss you to" She giggled. Damon got in the car and we left. 

Caroline's POV

I kept looking at the car that now completely vanished. I just stood there and I could barely move. After 10 minutes of just staring at the empty road, I went inside. I officially didn't know what to do. Before they left, I was alone as well but then I did have Elena when I needed her. Now I am just alone. Alone. Alone... I just went to bed because there was nothing else to do.

I suddenly heard a nock on the door. I looked at the time. Who the hell would nock on my door at 3:45??? 

"I'm coming!!" I said annoyed. When I opened the door, I just stood there confused. 

"Hello love" a familiar voice said. I couldn't believe my eyes... "Klaus... what are you doing here?". 

"I heard about Stefan.. I'm really sorry. I also heard about Bonnie traveling the world. And I just thought, what about Caroline??" "I mean you still have Elena, I know but still I can't imagine the loneliness you must be feeling.". 

"Well actually Elena and Damon just left." When I saw that I saw Klaus feeling bad for me. He placed his hands on my shoulders and he said "I'm so sorry love that you had to be alone for a while, but I'm here now." 

All of the sudden I hear an annoying sound and I wake up "dammit, stupid alarm" I said. It was just a dream... just a dream.. I am still alone. For some reason I wanted it to be real. 

"Is this some sort of sign?" I screamed. I started to think about the last thing he said 

"but I'm here now" I just kept repeating it over and over again. I kept thinking about Klaus, why would I dream about him, I haven't seen him in such a long time. It just didn't make any sense. "Maybe I could call him?" I asked myself. 

"Or is that weird???" I took my phone and just called him. He didn't answer. For some reason I was really happy that he didn't answer cause honestly I didn't know what to say to him.