Chapter 28

Elena's POV

Today Damon and I would leave New Orleans. A part of me was happy to continue our adventure but another part of me was sad to leave Caroline...again. Now everything was different though, Caroline was happy. She had made new friends over this short period of time and she was in love, I couldn't be happier for her. 

Damon and I went downstairs with our suitcases.

"Are you leaving already?" Caroline asked when she saw us.

"We're leaving in about two hours." I said looking at my watch. 

"Oh..I thought you guys would leave tonight.." Caroline said clearly upset.

"Sorry blondie, we have to catch the plane..." Damon said.

"Why don't you guys join us for breakfast?" Klaus suddenly said when he saw Caroline upset.

"Sure"

Klaus's POV

I didn't like seeing Caroline upset, I only wanted her to smile and to laugh and be happy.

"Sweetheart..They are still here for two hours." I said trying to make her feel better. 

"Well, that's not a long time as a vampire." she snapped.

"And I'm sure it won't be long, as a vampire, for you to see them again." I said and I knew I made a good point.

"You're right...But I will miss them." she said.

"Let's go have breakfast with them then now." I said as I reached my arm for her to take.

Caroline's POV

Klaus was absolutely right, it wouldn't be long to see them again. Also since our last goodbye, things had changed...I'm not lonely anymore. Going to New Orleans was the best decision I made in a long time. Things that I never thought would happen, happened...it's crazy. 

If you would have told me a couple years ago that Rebekah and I would become best friends...I would have never believed you.

I would have never believed that Kol would be the one giving me advice and helping me out.

And most importantly, I never would have believed that Klaus and I would be together...That I would love him so much.

2 hours later

The time had come, it was time for Damon and Elena to leave. Surprisingly I wasn't so sad anymore, I could only look forward to what life had to bring.

Everyone gathered in the hallway, I was so happy that everyone was there.

Damon and Elena said goodbye to everyone.

Damon just gave everyone a nod, he didn't really say anything. Elena gave everyone a whole speech.

"When we first met..we hated each other, but now things have changed and I'm so glad they have...I will miss you Rebekah." Elena said

Kol was up next "I'm glad I've seen another side of you Kol, you're a good person." she said with a big smile on her face.

"Freya, I loved shopping with you" she laughed "and thank you for helping to find me, who knows what would've happened without you."

"I have to say, I don't really know you Finn...But somehow I will miss you too."

"The noble one...Elijah, I really believe that you're the one holding this family together" she laughed.

"Take care of Caroline, Klaus...or things won't end up good" she said making me laugh and pointing her finger towards Klaus.

"Care...I will miss you so much. You know that I love you." she said hugging me. It was a long hug.

"Elena, it's time" Damon coughed.

Elena nodded and stepped away from me. She gave me one last smile before walking to Damon.

"Bye everyone" Elena said while waving.

And they were gone. Klaus immediately hugged me.

"You okay love?" he asked.

"Yeah..I'm okay." 

He started to walk away, he looked kinda sad.

"Klaus" he turned around instantly. He nodded for me to go on.

"Why don't you show me New Orleans...starting now." I suggested.

A big smile immediately crept up his face.

"Let's go" he said as he picked me up and spinned me around.