Chapter 23

Elena's POV

"Who are you?" I asked scared. I never thought I would experience this feeling of weakness ever again. 

"Don't act dumb" he said as he punched me "aww don't tell me you forgot me..."

I was really confused, I could swear that I had never seen this man before in my entire life. 

"I don't know who you are" I replied scared for my life.

"let me enlighten you Kather-"

"What??? I'm not Katherine"

"Sure.. You just happen to look exactly like her? What a coincidence!" he said sarcastically. He clearly didn't know much about Katherine, he didn't even know about the doppelgängers. 

"You don't know?" I said weakly.

"What"

"Katherine is dead."

He started laughing "Waw Katherine, I knew you would do anything to stay alive but don't you think this is taking it a bit to far?"

"I am her doppelgänger, I'm Elena Gilbert"

"Katherine seriously? STOP" he yelled as he staked my arm. I screamed, it was more painful than I could remember. 

"hey hey hey, what is going on here?" a man asked. 

"Ow Marcel...Um.." the unknown man was clearly struggling with his words.

So this was Marcel? Caroline's new friend?? I knew something would be off about him. 

"I told you not to bring any drama in here" Marcel yelled.

"This is Katherine Pierce! We could use her against the original family" the man said. I couldn't believe what I was hearing...They wanted to hurt the Mikaelsons?? 

"You idiot, this is Elena Gilbert..Have you ever heard of researching?? It's not that hard. This is Caroline's best friend so let her go." The man looked embarrassed "ow" he said.

"And I have told you before, I don't want to ruin the original family so get it out of your head and leave me the hell alone!"

"But we could still use her right?" he said.

"NO! And btw they don't care about Katherine, you idiot." 

I tried listening to their conversation as much as I could but everything was very vague. 

"NO GO AWAY" Marcel yelled. The still unknown man left the building.

Klaus's POV

I was on my way to Marcels place, I still couldn't believe that he had anything to do with his. I walked inside the building. I expected Elena to be hidden or a lot of vampires and werewolves to be around to fight with, but I only found Elena tied to a chair with Marcel in front of her. 

"MARCEL" I yelled as I came closer to him. Elena looked like a wreck. Marcel held his hands up as defense. "I didn't have anything to do with this" he said.

"You expect me to believe that?" right before I was about to attack Marcel, Elena spoke up "he is telling the truth" her voice was as weak as it could be. 

"What do you mean?"

"It was another man, I think Marcel helped me.." Elena said.

"Then what are you doing here? Tied to a chair?" I asked.

"That man..he did that..I think he wanted to use me against your family and he wanted Marcel to help, but he declined.." Elena said.

"And who was this man" I asked as I turned to Marcel.

"His name is Blake" he said.