Chapter 5: At the Café

Dear future me:

I must say I never thought it was possible to have a crush for years, but trust me future me IT IS POSSIBLE! 

From grade seven to nine, I have liked this funny guy Ethan. He's good looking too, and those chocolate brown eyes are like to die for! Like I haven't written these things like a hundred times already ... Either way. He asked me to join his friends and Ella here later today. In about an hour. I'm already here and early. I was thinking of studying, but I wanted to write in my diary instead.

You can never guess what happened in the math lesson today! I talked to Ethan and he said something so everyone in our class could hear. He said that he thought I was attractive and that he couldn't hide his feelings for me anymore. Now I'm thinking. Does he really like me or was it just a part to avoid problems with Mr. Gory?

Oh! I see Ella right now, so I should stop writing.

Anna <3 Ethan!

"Are you already here?" Ella asks while she curls her brown hair with her fingers.

I jump up from the pink chair with panic and I start to look around. All I can see is empty white and black tables until I spot Ella next to my right side.

"Oh, it was you!" I sigh in relief.
"Yeah. I decided to be early!" I laugh.

"Of course. You didn't want to miss your date!" Ella grins.

"Uh? What do you mean?" I raise one eyebrow.

"Duh! I spoke to his friends and we all agreed to leave you alone with him. I promise no one will tell him about it, but I just wanted to be a good friend and say it to you." Ella says as she smiles towards me.

"W-what?! Are you serious?" I drop my jaw.

"Are you excited?" Ella hits me lightly on my shoulder.

"Uh ... Uh ... uu ..."

"Anna! You look like you've seen a ghost. Well. I take that as a yes. You are very excited! By the way, I promise everything will be okay. Just be as awesome as I know you can be. Make sure to flirt with him as well. Do you want to know one thing? I died of happiness when he said that he liked you in the math class earlier. Did he speak anything more with you afterward?" Ella studies me.

I stand up and hug Ella with tears in my eyes.

"Thank you for helping me!" I say, then I break apart.

"What are friends for? Oh. I booked a haircut in the afternoon, so I must leave now, sorry! Hum. Do you think I match in like really short hair? Not like too short. I mean more cut the hair to my shoulders. Or is that too short?" Ella seems stressed at least that's what her facial expression reveals. Her face looks dreamy.

"Cut it a bit under the shoulder, then you will be fine. I'm sure the guys will still like you! Leave now. I think I will be fine!" I stretch up to pat Ella on her head.  I'm shorter than Ella, but just with a few centimeters. Okay ... More like eight centimeters shorter, but still!

 I watch as Ella runs away out of the café's glass doors.

A few minutes later I pick up my orange Bluetooth headphone and put it on my head. The big ones you put over your ears, not in your ears. After that, I take my touch phone and put on 80s rock music.  I listen to AC/DC songs. After a while I look at my phone, to see what the clock is. Fifteen minutes until Ethan will show up. I wonder if he likes 80s rock as much as I do.

I listen to Guns N' Roses as well as Queen. My gaze goes back to the home screen multiple times until the clock finally becomes 5 P.M. I look around the cafe's area many times, but all I can see is a few students from the school who sits at the tables and doing their studies. I can't see Ethan anywhere. The home screen lights up and a message is shown.