Fast Forward to the Past ~ The Dawn of Slurp

It was going to be a normal day, until I woke up, looked in the mirror and saw what Jay had done to my face!

I looked like an idiot! I slid open the dining room door to find everyone else in middle of breakfast.

"Morning." Jay said as he tried (failed) to hide a laugh. "What the slurp is wrong with you?!?!" I yelled.

"It's... just paint. It'll... wash off." He managed between bursts of laughter. Two seconds later I was chasing Jay around the table.

"Get back here!" I yelled. "Help!!!" He called, "I'm gonna slurp your slurping neck so slurping hard your not gonna feel another slurping thing till the next slurping generation!!!"

"Slurp?" Cole asked as he watched us go in circles.

He finally stoped the chases by grabbing Jay by the back of his shirt and grabbing my face. Meanwhile Jay was still trying to get away and I was still trying to decapitate him. Cole finally let him go flying into a wall.

"Now that you're calm. Slurp? Why do you keep saying that where a darkly's word should be? If you need to get some out of your system, Sensei and your parents aren't here to ground you so..." He paused to cover Lloyd's ears. "Have at it."

Lloyd shook him off and folded his arms. "You don't have to cover my ears." He said "I know more darkly's words then all of you combined." He had a point. He had lived there.

"The point is he can't say a single darkly's word as long as he lives. He promised his mom when we were five." Kai explained. "Hey! You promised too!" I told him.

"Why was that promise necessary?" Zane asked. "It's long story..." I started. "Then tell us. You're long stories never end well!" Jay said excitedly.

"Thanks." I growled, "Let's see. It wasn't to long after Kai and Nya moved in with us...."

    ----------~FLASHBACK~----------
After Kai and Nya's parents disappeared they moved in with the James family. From day one Omar's parents promised themselves that they would raise these children as their own.

On this particular day Omar's mother was running errands which can be particularly hard while taking care of 5 children. But some how she was managing.

At about lunchtime they were all sitting in the park ready to eat. Until they saw a kid, no older then Carter, yelling the every darkly's word imaginable.

Unfortunately Mrs.James wasn't able to cover five pairs of ears in time. She frantically turned to face them. "Promise me that you will never say any of those words or anything like them." She pleaded.

"Why?" A five-year-old Kai asked. "Those are bad bad words." She told him, "And you should never say them. Never ever."

"Then are we supposed to say went we need to vent?" Asked seven-year-old Bethany. "You are to young to have anything to vent about." Her mother told her sternly.

"Just hypothetically mom." Said ten-year-old Carter as he tried to calm his mother.

Mrs.James thought for a second then said, "You can say anything but those kind of words."

They were all quiet for a while before Omar asked, "Is slurp a bad word mommy?"

"No." She said slowly. The two five-year-olds grinned.

"Slurp." Omar said as hoped up from his seat. "Slurp." Kai said copying his friend.

They then proceeded to march around the picnic table saying, "Slurp slurp slurp slurp." Bethany groaned.

"You should have told them it was a bad word." She told her mom. Then just to spite her Carter jumped up and started yelling, "Slurp slurp slurp." At the top of his lungs.

Meanwhile three-year-old Nya was laughing as if they were putting on a show just for her.
   -----~END OF FASHBACK~-----

"I remember we drove Beth insane with that for the rest of the day." Kai laughed. "And from there it was like your inside joke." Nya added.

"I remember when ever we were about to tell each other a secret we would do that thing." I said chuckling at the thought.

"Come on show us." Cole urged. "Nope. No way. You can't make me." Kai said still chuckling. "Come on. Please, please, please." Lloyd begged.

"Come on. For the kid." Jay pleaded. "Oh alright. You owe me big time." Kai said.

We put our hands over our hearts and said, "We promise to tell the slurp, the whole slurp and nothing but the slurp." Everyone else doubled over with laughter.

I gotta say I didn't even want to beat Jay up anymore. Well at least not very much.