Light in Death

Cole's been acting weird over the past few days. He couldn't lift any of his weights, he could barely lift his Scythe.

We were all so worried, but we couldn't ask Sensei. He was on a trip to somewhere we couldn't follow.

"I'll be fine guys, don't worry about me." Cole said weakly.

"I'll go find an antidote." Kai said. "I'll go to the Junkyard and get some medicine from my parents." Jay offered. "I'll call my parents and ask to send a doctor." I applied. "I shall look in Sensei's room for a form of medication with Kai." Zane said.

I called up my parents and they sent a doctor over. Jay got the medicine, and Zane tried to analyze the sickness. Kai didn't come out of Sensei's room for hours.

"What seems to be the problem?" The doctor asked. "He's weak, mild memory loss, and he has soreness everywhere." Jay panicked.

"Alright, if you could give us some moments alone, I'd appreciate it." The doctor shooed us out.

"Where's Zane?" Jay asked. "No clue. He's been in Sensei's room all day." I told him. "Let's hope Cole's alright." Kai sighed.

The next morning, Cole was even worse. Turning a pale shade of blue, he hadn't made a peep all day. Thank goodness we could still feel his pulse.

Zane finally came out of Sensei's room and told us his newfound knowledge.

"Our friend Cole has a rare disease called, The Blade-strikes Arterial Plague. If he doesn't get treatment within 95.6 hours, he'll...." "Don't say it!" Nya warned shakily.

"What?! How are we supposed to save him by then?! That's in, like, a day!!" Jay freaked out.

"Jay, calm down, all we have to do is go to the Spirit Coves. The antidote should be there." Kai said. "Cool, that's where our dragons are!" I said excitedly.

"We need every Golden Weapon to active the passageway to the Coves. It is said that we need to 'go to the center to escape to circle'." Zane explained.

"What the slurp does that mean?" I asked. "Let's go to the middle of the ocean!" Jay suggested. "It's worth a shot." Kai admitted.

We got our weapons, and took the Scythe of Quakes with us as we soared and sped to the middle. Nya stayed behind, making sure to contact us if anything bad happened.

"What? There's nothing here!" Kai grunted angrily. "Let's land there." Jay parked on a sea stack. We all followed and I asked, "So, what now?" I asked.

"The parchment reads, 'Combine all five, to form just one, the path to the Spirit Coves unlocked, you're journey has just begun." Zane recited.

"What does that even mean?" Jay asked. "I think it's telling us to put our weapons together in the middle." Kai said. "Guys, look!" I pointed around the stack. "It's our Elemental Animals!" Jay gasped.

"The Lion, showing victory and loyalty. The Octopus, showing multitasking ability and initiative. The Cheetah, showing baffling speed, like a race against time, and displaying intelligence and strategy. The Gorilla, showing brains and brawn. And the Wolf, demonstrating cunning behavior and stealth in combat." Zane analyzed.

"Let's do it!" Kai said impatiently. "I don't like waiting." "Not that Cole's life is on the line?" I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah yeah. That too." Jay placed his Nunchucks in their slot.

We did the same with the rest of the weapons. I heard a clicking noise, as stone encased our weapons in the stack.

"Aw great. Now we have no weapons, and we can't get home!" Jay groaned. "Not to mention Cole's doomed, and Sensei's gonna kill us when he finds out!" Kai sighed.