Spinning Out in Crystal

We were chilling in Cole's soon-to-be dorm, playing some video games. "Yeah! Combo attack!" Jay laughed. "Watch this! Ice beam!" Zane smiled as he shot at the huge black dragon on screen. "Tornado of Creation?" Kai suggested. "I can't do Spinjitzu!" Crystal shouted. "Don't worry about it!" Cole brushed her off. "You press the red and blue buttons at once."

"No, I mean in real life!" We beat the dragon and Crystal shut off the game. "When are you guys gonna teach me?" She stood up and folded her arms. "School starts in two months! I need to learn it before the school year starts to keep the mini monsters in line." We all exchanged sorry/worried glances. "Fine. Training starts tomorrow." Kai instructed.

The next morning, we were in our training room. "What was it that Wu used to say?" Jay asked. "'Finish the course before I drink my tea,' or something like that." Kai answered. "I think I remember." Cole whispered. He told us what Wu used to say and we all agreed to speak at once. "Alright, how do we start?" Crystal rubbed her hands together. We shared a smug look. "Complete the training course before I finish my tea. Then, I will see if you are ready." We all recited in unison. She raised an eyebrow.

"Fine. Shouldn't be too hard." She grabbed a spear from the weapons rack. She ripped right through the training dummies and made her way to the rising planks. That is, before tripping over one and falling on her back. "You okay?" Cole asked. "I'm fine. Gimme another try." She demanded.

She tried again, but reached the exact same place. She growled. "Go away. I need to focus." She mumbled. We left the room, but I stayed back and saw her trip over the exact same place. She picked herself up off the ground, spotted me, and hurled the spear into the wall. I ran as fast as my legs would take me and caught up with the guys.

The day passed quickly, but Crystal never came back upstairs. We all marched downstairs, to find Crystal violently beating a training dummy with its own, mangled arm. There was stuffing and splinters everywhere, as well as other destroyed training dummy body parts.

"You okay?" Jay asked. "I. Am. Fine." She hissed. Her face was bright red, and she was breathing heavily. "Should we-" Kai started. "Just go! Go away." She sighed. Once again, the guys left.

You'd think I would learn from the last time this happened, but noooo. Once again, I stayed back. I peeked in through the door, to see her trying one last time. She rushed the dummies, sending more stuffing everywhere. Then, she scaled the planks and dodged the punching bags at the end. Then, she started yelling and screaming, whirling her spear over her head. She whipped herself into a silver-lavender tornado, as I slowly walked into the room. She stopped spinning and stand at me.

"You were watching this whole time, weren't you?" She asked. "Yeah, but-" I started. "I told you to leave." She reminded. "I know, I just..." I trailed off. "I wanted to make sure you were okay." She stared at me for a good long time, before hugging me. "This is all because of my hard work." She smiled.

"So, what's the hug for?" I asked. "I don't know. Stop touching me." She pushed me away. I laughed a little. "Get upstairs. Everything thinks you died." She went upstairs, and I followed her.

Well, at least everyone is ready to fight the horde of children in a couple months.