The Expedition of the Amulet

We'd had good times since we beat Chen and his Anacondrai army. Mom and Dad had let Bethany stay with Cole for a few weeks, and since everyone knew that they have a 'special connection', we tried our best to stay away, or at least pretend to.

One boring afternoon, I heard Bethany yell. "Omar! Come quick! Cole's bleeding!" I jolted upright, ran to the medicine cabinet in the bathroom, picked up a case of bandages and rushed to our room. "Ok, ok! Where are you bleeding? Are you okay? What cut you?" I rushed in.

"Cool your jets, jitterbug. No ones bleeding, I just had to ask you a question." Bethany said calmly. "Well, you could've just asked." I said. "Would you've come?" She asked slyly. "Nope, so I'll just go now..." I trailed off. She grabbed me by the back of my sweater (Yeah, that's right. Ninja do wear normal clothes, they're just really boring.), and pulled me back to sit on the bed.

"Where'd your amulet come from?" She asked, pulling the turquoise gem out of her pocket. She swung it around by the golden chain, waiting for me to answer. "I found it in the Forest of Tranquility. Now give it back." I finally said. "Where are the other pieces?" She asked. "What other pieces?" I asked.

"It was grandpa's amulet. Mom told me about it. She says they're scattered all around Ninjago." Bethany said. "Where are they?" I asked. "They. Are. Scattered. Across. Ninjago. What part of English do you not understand?" She snapped. "I understand all of it, so you don't have to talk like a retard." I jabbed. "Well, it takes one to know one, doesn't it?" She retorted.

"Thank you, dad for making me an only child." Cole muttered. "Well, I kind of want to find them..." I trailed off again. "Are you insane?!" Kai shrieked.

I whirled around to face the door, all the others standing and listening. "What are you guys doing here?" Bethany asked. "Uh, it's our room too." Jay stated. "Anyway, why do you want to find that? I remember your mom saying how your grandad was a daredevil." Kai said. "And you told me that he was very forgetful." Crystal added.

"But imagine what it would look like. I mean, haven't you guys noticed that everyone in my family has turquoise possessions? Look at Beth's earrings, and my mom has a turquoise engagement ring. My dad has a turquoise watch, and the twins have gold bracelets with turquoise rhinestones. I have this." I snatched my amulet from Bethany and held it up.

"If you guys had lost heirloom jewelry, you'd want to find it too." I saw Zane look down, considering what I said. "And you'd make me come with you." I aimed that at Crystal and Kai. They looked nervously at me while looking for an excuse not to come.

"Well, whether you guys come or not, I'm going. I'll go pack my bag, come along if you want." I rummaged through our closet, searching for the teal colored gym bag with my cheetah elemental animal. I pulled it out of all of our junk, packed some food, an easy tent, a sleeping bag, and ten bottles of water.

"Well, I'm off. See you guys in a few days." With that, I flew off the Destiny Bounty on my dragon, back to the Forest of Tranquility.