The Expedition of the Amulet IV

"Come on, let's just go home." Jay moaned. "Yeah, we've scoured Sky City, the Toxic Bogs, Ignacia, Jamanakai Village, the Sea of Sand, the Birchwood Forest, and the Glacier Barrens. It can't be anywhere else!" Cole agreed.

"We still haven't looked at the Mountain of a Million Steps!" I told them. "Or maybe the Path of Pandemonium." Kai added. "Good calls, let's go!" Lloyd raced ahead on his dragon. We all soared after him to the Mountain of a Million Steps. "Alright, just to make this quick, Cole, rip up the rocks!" Crystal commanded.

Cole raised his arms and tore apart the top of the mountain. We searched all over it, but found nothing. "Uh guys? This takes a lot of energy!" Cole grunted. "Alright, put 'em down." Bethany ordered. We moved out of the way as Cole lowered the prices of the mountain back into place. "Alright. To the Path of Pandemonium!" I led the charge.

As we landed, I was the first through the maze. "I can't find anything!" Jay shouted. "Keep looking!" I answered. I used my old glaive to dig up the ground, before spotting something shiny! "Guys, come quick!!" I shouted. Seconds later, the guys were behind me, looking into the hole I'd created. Lloyd reached in and tore the stone from the ground.

"Aww, come on! It's a piece of old, hard tin foil." We all groaned in disappointment. "Spread out! We need to find it." Kai commanded. They all flew off, all except for Crystal. "Sorry, you know, that you didn't find it." She sighed. "Don't be. It's my fault that we came here looking in the first place." I said, sadly.

"Why is this so important to you anyway? Until a few days ago, you didn't really seem to care." She sat on the ground next to me.

"These belonged to my grandfather." I held out the three jewels. "Yeah, and?" She wanted me to continue, but there was a huge lump in my throat. "I... I never met him. He died before I was born." I said fighting back tears. "Oh. I... I'm sorry to hear that." Crystal said softly.

"I'll call the guys. We're going home. I've wasted enough time." I yelled for then to come back so we could go home. As we were flying, we passed over the monastery. "What's that?" Bethany asked. "Our old Monastery." Kai answered. "Let's stop, take it in for a while." Cole suggested.

We landed the old grounds, viewing what used to be our home. I was walking around, trying to let go of the fact that I failed, and accidentally tripped over a brick. My chin connected with the ground, and I groaned in pain and frustration before hitting the ground, hard.

"Omar, do that again." Lloyd told me. "What? Hit my chin? Are you trying to provoke me?" I asked angrily. "No, but seriously, do it again." He answered. I punched the stony floor again, and I saw something move.

"Did you?" Jay started. "I saw it too!" Kai celebrated. "Everyone! Hit the ground! Masters, use your powers!"  Lloyd shot a blast of energy into the earth. We each fired and shot our powers, until Kai got a phone call. "Just wait a sec, it's Zane." He told us. "Uh-huh, yeah... oh. Perfect. Fine, I'll tell them. Bye." "What is it?" Cole asked.

"Zane called. Wu found out where we went. He says to stay here, and that we're going to be in big trouble." Kai sulked. We waited a few minutes, before watching Zane, Nya and Wu riding the Ice Dragon. When they arrived, we were greeted with a stare, cold as Ice, from Wu, and two sorry looks from Zane and Nya.

"What were you thinking?!?!" He yelled. "Sensei, we-" Cole started. "Don't. I'll do it, it's my fault." I stepped up. "Sensei, when I saw my amulet, and heard that there were more pieces, I went to find them. When things weren't working out, I dragged the guys, Crystal and Bethany with me. I was just trying to learn more about my grandfather." I said softly. "You never met him." Wu answered. I nodded.

"If you wanted to find the Amulet..." he trailed off and walked to the Golden Dragon symbol on the ground, "you could've just asked me." He plucked it out of the eye. "The last piece!" Bethany shouted. We all began laughing and cheering before Jay realized.

"We're grounded, aren't we?" "Correct the first time. No TV, no video games, no internet, no free time, no tinkering, and no dessert. And also, no powers." We all groaned. "Wait. How are supposed to get home?" Lloyd asked. Wu thought for a minute. "I suppose you may use your Elemental Dragons." We summoned them and rode off into the sunset.

Crystal pulled up to me and whispered, "You are a true ninja. Never give up hope." She gave me a kiss on the cheek before flying off.