Valentines Day

It was Valentines Day, the day that used to be the worst day of the year.

I never had anyone to give a valentine to, and when I did give one, the girl only either slapped me or never talked to me again.

But today, that was going to change. I woke up and walked toward the smell of pancakes. Zane was making breakfast today, and boy, did it taste good!

I just couldn't help but look at Crystal throughout the whole meal. She always looked so beautiful and elegant.

After breakfast, I went back to the game room where the other guys were. "Hey guys, whatcha doing?" I asked.

"Just talking about our plans for today." Kai said. "Speaking of which, when are you gonna ask out Crystal? I mean, we all know that you're head over heels for her." Cole said.

"I AM NOT!" I said, fiercely. "Just because she's pretty, and loyal, and always make me smile..." I trailed off before realizing...

"You really do like her!" Jay finished my thought.

"And besides, we're all going out someone. I'm asking out Skylor, Jay's asking out Nya, Zane's even hooking up PIXAL to the computer."

I thought for a minute, and got an idea. "Hey Cole, what are you doing today?" I asked slyly.

"Nothing..." He said, slightly suspicious. "Here's a deal. If you ask out Bethany, I'll ask out Crystal." I said.

Cole considered it for a minute. "Alright fine. I'll go ask her now." He said as he got his phone.

I decided that I should just hurry up and deliver my side of the deal. I walked over to Crystal and Nya's room and knocked on the door. Crystal opened it and smiled.

"Hey Omar." She said. "Hey Crystal. Um, I was wondering if maybe, tonight, we could go on a date? The rest of the guys are going and I don't want either of us to feel left out. So, what do you say? Please don't kill me!" I winced in pain, assuming my fate.

"Sure! I'd love to." Came the unexpected answer. "Ok great! Leaving at 7:30." I said.

"Yes!" I shouted. I did a little dance in the hallway before I realized that Lloyd was recording the whole thing.

I stopped in my tracks, gave him one stern look that said one clear word. Run. Apparently he heard that thought and left a cloud of dust in his place.

I walked back to our room and chuckled. "Did it work?" Jay asked. "Of course it did!" I said. "I never doubted myself for a second." All of them looked at me.

"Ok, I doubted myself little. But now, I need to get ready!"

A few hours later, I was dressed and ready for anything. That is, if anything means nothing battle related.

I was in a black suit and pants, white shirt, turquoise tie. "Aren't you gonna button your suit?" Kai asked. "No! this thing is constricting enough." I laughed.

At 7:30 sharp, I heard two knocks at the door, and Nya and Crystal walking from their room.

I turned from the door to look at Crystal. She was wearing a lavender dress, hanging all the way down to the floor, and her hair, was... Tied back?

Huh. I just realized this is the first time I've ever seen her right eye. "Oh. My. Gosh. You look, so...." I trailed off, trying to find the words.

"Hideous." She frowned. "No no no! You look, amazing. Mesmerizing. Wonderful." I said. We opened the door to find the next guests to the party.

"Skylor!" Crystal said excitedly. Skylor looked confused as she said, "Who are you?" She asked.

Crystal folded her arms. "What do you mean, 'who am I'? Your sister? The only sibling you've ever had?" Skylor's eyes widened.