Chapter 2

Moons POV

As I waited for Toffee to finish getting dressed, a lot of thoughts went through my mind.

How will I run Mewni?

That was one of the main thoughts that kept replaying in my head like a broken record. I couldn't forget about it. I mean, I was now queen. I had a reputation.

"How do I look?" Toffee asked as he stepped out of the closet.

"Wow! You actually don't look as bad as I thought you would," I joked.

"Hey," Toffee laughed. It was adorable. "So what shall we do now?"

"Well I was hoping to, you know, show you around the castle," I responded. "Maybe it will give you the chance to get to know me better."

"Sounds like a plan," Toffee said.

Toffee and I stepped out of my room and went down the main hallway. Thankfully, there weren't any servants around because of the dinner party.

"So, uh, I was wondering, why were you crowned queen of Mewni at such a young age?" Toffee asked me.

"Well," I started to feel my heart ache, "both of my parents died, so I had to take over the throne." I felt a tear role down my cheek.

"Oh. . . I'm so sorry. I didn't know-"

"It's fine," I said wiping the tear. "Do you want to see the garden?"

"I'd love to," Toffee responded.

As Toffee and I headed down to the garden, we both heard a voice.

"OH MY GOSHHHHH, ITS A MONSTER!" The voice yelled.

I turned around to see who it was. It was Paisley.

"MOOOOOON WHAT ARE YOU DOING? SHOULDN'T YOU BE BLASTING HIM WITH YOUR WAND THING?!" Paisley asked while jumping around in fright.

"No, you see, Toffee is a good monster," I said. "He isn't here to hurt anyone. In fact, he's my friend."

***

Toffees POV

I'm her friend? I thought to myself.

"BUT, HE'S A MONSTER!" The servant yelled.

"Just because he is a monster doesn't mean he is bad," Moon stated. Her words made my face turn a bright red.

"But, how can you trust him?" The servant asked.

"He hasn't attacked me yet," Moon went on, "so he seems like a kind monster."

"Alright," The servant said, "But if something happens, you're taking the blame for it."

"Deal."

"Well anyways," The servant continued, "My name is Paisley." We both shook hands.

"I'm Toffee," I said.