Chapter 6

Toffee's POV

Why did I do that, I thought to myself as we walked back to the castle, I'm so stupid!

The way back to the castle was very awkward for Moon and I. None of us talked nor looked at each other for a very long time. All we could hear were the sounds of the crickets chirping. I had to say something, but I couldn't.

I messed up our friendship big time, I thought to myself again.

It couldn't stay like this forever. I thought that maybe things would come around sooner or later.

"Um, Toffee," Moon said softly, "Do you think that we'll be friends for a very long time?"

I turned my head to look at her. "Um, yes, why wouldn't we be?"

I just got friend zoned, great, I thought.

"Well," She paused, "What if something were to happen to us."

"What do you mean?" I started to worry.

"Well, what if monsters and mewmans start to hate each other again," Moon went on. "If that happens, then you and me will never be able to be friends again."

I saw a saddened look on her face.

"You don't need to worry about that," I added, "because it will never happen."

"Promise?" She asked with a glowing look in her eyes.

"I promise," I smiled.

Moments later I felt a drop of water fall on my face. I realized that it had started to rain.

"Wow," Moon went on, "perfect timing."

I laughed a little and starred into her beautiful ocean eyes. She starred back at mine.

"Well, we should probably go inside now," Moon added.

"Oh, right," I responded. I had been so caught up in our talk that I had forgotten how close we were to the palace.

We waked inside with our feet soaking wet. We quickly dried off and headed to our rooms.

"Good night, Toffee," Moon said.

"Good night," I told her. Just after she had left to her room, Paisley came up from behind me.

"Hi, Toffee," She smiled. "How was your date?" She smirked at me.

"It wasn't a date," I said in an annoying tone. "We're just friends."

"Are you sure about that?" She asked. I could tell that she knew I was only telling her half of the truth.

"To her at least," I mumbled quietly.

"Ouch, you got friend zoned, didn't you?"

"Yeah," I said quietly.

All the sudden, Paisley lit up. It was as if fireworks were going through her head. "Wait then that means you like her!" She shouted.