.6.

Zariah

I sat cross legged on my bed reading a story called 'Like Father Like Son' by kiki_21 on Wattpad when I received text with a link from my assistant. I clicked the link to see a picture of Tre and I as we were walking toward the car.

"Is Zariah Jiles Mcknight dating? We're not sure yet but we will put the word out when we have it" -Sisterly Love Magazine.

"Really." I sighed tossing my phone on the bed as I stood to my feet opening the door that was being knocked on repeatedly.

" See! Now they think you have a boyfriend, did you see this?" ma said tossing her phone as I caught it.

"Yes ma I saw it." I sighed deeply tossing her phone back to her.

"See I knew hiring him wasnt a good idea." ma said shaking her head. "When you get to this radio interview you clear this up, you hear me?"

"Yeah Ight." I said grabbing my phone as I jogged down the staircase.I made my way down the staircase to see Tre standing by Margret the maid. I took a quick glance at him as he spoke to her,Makin my way toward the car.

"Good Morning Zariah." Trevante smiled opening the car door for me.

"Good mo- "Its Miss Jiles to you." Ma said, as she sat in the seat scooting over to the other side.

"Good morning Tre." I smiled getting in behind her along with my assistant.

"Trevante,did you see the article?" ma asked.

"No, what article?" he asked looking confused.

"Hm." ma said tossing her phone to him as it landed on his lap. I watched as he glanced up at her and back at the phone reading the screen.

"Well.." Mama spoke.

His eyes looked from mine before he looked back at the phone. "This a good picture of me." I couldn't help but laugh as mama smacked her lips reaching forward grabbing her phone.

"Little boy I don't have any time for you to be playing, I don't know what you think this is,but you need to stop and do your job I knew I should have listened to my instincts and hired someone else. I shouldn't have listened to Brian."

I sat back watching as his he showed no emotion and just listened before he sat up straightening his jacket.

"Look Miss. Jiles, I work for your daughter and your daughter only. I don't work for you I am not a little boy I'm a grown man and while you are down my throat about my job,how bout you do yours and be a mother to your daughter for once and not her manager." I jumped back a little sliding my shades over my eyes as I looked out the window to hide the smile.

The way he stood up for me made me feel some type of way I heard my mother gasp causing my head to turn in her direction "YOU ARE FIRED!! GET OUT NOW!" Ma yelled being dramatic.

"Zariah I'm sorry I just can't take her treating you like a child and she not about to talk to me any type of way." He said getting out of the SUV.

"Zariah!

"Zariah!!

"Zariah!!!

The crowd of people called out. I stepped out of the car to fans standing behind large muscular guys outside of the radio station. After taking pictures signing autographs and talking to a couple fans I made my way into the station.

I whispered to my assistant to tell her to do something for me before I sat down at table.

"Good morning Miss Zariah I'm glad you can make it unfortunately we're running a little behind but we will be ready for you as soon as we can please take a seat in the lobby and whatever you like you can have."