27.

Zariah

My heart pounded quickly with every second we sat awaiting for a doctor and nurse to come and speak with us.

I softly placed my hand on Chris's shaking leg. The looks in his eyes showed how scared he was.

"Im sure he'll be fine, Tre's strong." I smiled softly as he nodded.

"I know I cant help to be worried thats my big bro you know." He said looking at me with tears in his eyes.

"I know."

"Chris!" A voice yelled out.

Chris and I looked up to see Miss. Karyn and Kai walking towards us. They hugged both Chris and I before we sat back down in the waiting room.

"What happened?" Miss Karyn asked.

"Its all my fault." I cried.

"How so? Chris what is she talking about?" Miss Karyn asked.

"Zariah, you can't blaim everything on yourself and you know Tre wouldn't want you to. And Ma, this guy was hitting on Zariah so Tre went out and did whatever I went back home and somebody called me saying Tre had been shot."

"My baby." Miss Karyn cried.

The room fell silent as we all were caught up in our own thoughts.

"Family of Trevante White." The doctor asked as we all stood up.

"We're his family." Miss Karyn spoke up walking closer toward the doctor.

"Alright, Well I'm doctor Walker. I've been working with Trevante. He's been shot  twice in his left leg, its a miracle that both bullets missed his bones. But it did tear his muscles and he will be in a wheel chair for a while. He's also going to need therapy."

I stood feeling guilty as Chris and Kai held onto their mother.

"Can we see him." Kai spoke up.

"Sure, room 312."

"Thank you Dr." Miss Karyn said giving him a small smile.

I walked a little ways behind them as we walked toward the Elevators. "Come on sugar." Miss Karyn smiled stretching her arms out as I grabbed her hand as the doors closed.

"Baby I dont want you to blame all of this on yourself. Tre went out and did what he did on his own. I don't think you asked him to put his life on the line. This shows how much he cares about you. So try to pick your head up I'm sure Tre wanna see your beautiful smile and now a frown." She smiled giving my hand a soft squeeze.

"Thank you."

"No problem baby."

Room 312 was the first room to see exiting off the elevator. "You all go ahead I'll see him once your finished."

"You sure? Girl come on." Kai said.

"Nah go head family first."

"Okay." She said walked into his room.

Walking down the hallway I found the waiting area. I sat  in the back of the room looking down at my phone as it began to ring.

"Hello?"

"Zariah I was just calling to see if you were okay you just ran out the house and didnt come back. Everything okay?"

"No, Tre's been shot."

"See. What happened?"

"Remember I told you Deric had hit  me? Well Tre saw my face and went to go find him I guess and Thats when I found out he's  been shot, when his brother came to get me."