Chapter 4

He waves me off from the car as a sign to follow the doctors down the hall

He waves me off from the car as a sign to follow the doctors down the hall. "Is my son going to be okay?" I ask as I speed walk after them, I watch as a nurse holds a breathing mask over Ji Iseul's mouth so he can try to breathe a bit better. "Right now your son is in shock, but he should be okay." The doctor says pulling the bed into an empty room.

Ji panics a bit as he pushes off the mask, "No baby, leave it on it's okay." I tell him enthusiastically. The nurse places the breathing mask over his mouth again and Ji Iseul cries in the plastic, making it fog up. "Epi." He commands and a nurse runs over to a cupboard and comes back with a weird looking gadget.

The doctor quickly grabs it and inserts it into Ji Iseul's leg. Ji Iseul lets out a loud gasp for air, he's finally able to breathe. For a second he even holds onto the face mask, as if making sure there was enough air for him to breathe. The nurses make him sit for a while to catch his breath and get his breaths to a regular.

Finally when he seems to be breathing normally, the nurse takes her hand away. "Eommaaaa." He cries. The doctor moves out of the way and I rush over to him, I pull him into a tight hug. Tears of joy run down my cheeks. "Isaeli!!?" I hear in the hall, I look at the doctor. "That's my husband." I say, the doctor runs out of the room and flags Jimin over.

In seconds Jimin runs in and looks at Ji Iseul in relief. "He's okay?" He asks. I nod, still holding on tight to Ji Iseul like I never want to let him go. "We have to examine him." The doctor and nurse walk over, though I don't want to, I'm forced to release him. I step away and walk over to Jimin who instantly pulls me into a hug.

I'm terrified, though he's okay, I'm still confused about what caused this. "Everything will be okay." Jimin whispers in my ear, comforting me. I fight back tears. "So, the Park family." We hear from the door. We turn and see the man from the pancake house, but he's wearing a medical coat. I remember he told us that he's a doctor, I didn't think he'd be the doctor from this hospital.

He has a clipboard in his hand. "Your son seems to be doing just fine." He smiles. "Ah, doctor Pyo, we've done as you asked." The other doctor says walking over to us, the nurse close by. "The boy has a severe nut allergy." Doctor Pyo says to the other doctor. He looks to us as he pulls out a familiar looking container from the pocket of his white coat.

"This is a small peanut butter container that the pancake house has recently started giving out as condiments." He hands it to Jimin. "This little container of peanut butter, could have killed my son?" Jimin asks. I don't even want to think about my baby dying just because of some peanut butter, but it's a realistic question and it needs to he answered.

The other doctor and nurse leave the room. "Yes." Doctor Pyo says firmly. "I'm guessing he's never had peanut butter until now? You two seemed quite clueless about his allergy and how severe it is." His eyebrows knit.

"Yes, this is his first time having peanut butter. We don't have much of it in the house, nor eat it very often." I speak up, he nods and writes what we are saying down on his clipboard. "Well, it's quite straight forward. Keep him away from peanut butter or anything that has nuts in it." He explains, we nod. "Follow me." He signals us with two fingers and walks over to Ji Iseul's bed.