Chapter 8

•Less than an hour before•

My hands grip his shirt, I feel pain. Not from his touch, from my stomach. "Jimin.." I say again, he can hear the pain in my voice. "Baby, what's wrong?" He asks. I hold onto him as my legs go weak. "I think it's the baby." I say. "No, it can't be the baby, it's too early." He says holding me up. Another sharp pain runs through my body, I bend my legs to ease the pain somehow.

"It hurts, Jimin." I cry. "Let me take you to the hospital." He tells me as he picks me up like a new bride in the movies, I hold onto his neck. He grabs the car keys and runs out of the house, putting me in the passenger seat. I buckle myself in. He then runs back into the house and grabs Ji Iseul, is what I'm guessing.

I close the car door and wait. Ji Iseul is holding his favorite teddy bear. Jimin quickly locks the house and runs over to the car with Ji Iseul under his arm. He buckles Ji Iseul into his car seat and he hurries to the driver's seat. "Breathing exercises, baby. Remember?" He asks me. I hold onto the car door, the pain in my pelvis gets worse.

It feels like my hip bones are scraping and my pelvis bone snapping. "Isaeli, baby, the breathing exercises." He reminds me. "Jimin, it hurts." I throw my head back, before bringing my head back down to take a breath. "I know, I know, just breathe." He says. "Jimin.." I cry, tears running down my cheeks.

He glances at me. "Jimin.. I'm scared." I begin to cry, steadying my breath a bit. I throw my head back again, tears streaming from my eyes. I feel him grab my hand, I hold on tight to it. My body shaking, the pain is unbearable. What if I lose the baby? I run my free hand over my stomach, beginning to sob. "We're almost there, hold on." Jimin says, I can hear his voice shaking.

Fear, that's what I feel at this moment. "I love you." I say, turning my head and looking at him. I feel like I go numb for a while, the pain in my stomach hurts so bad I can't feel it anymore. "Stay with me, baby." He says, his eyes began to water. My eyes unable to look away from him, "I'm scared." I say again, he shakes his head.

"I'm going to get you there, don't be scared." I see tears running down his cheeks, I'm scaring him. This is so wrong of me to make him cry, he shouldn't cry. It's my fault. "Eomma.." Ji Iseul calls me. I'm about to answer when Jimin pulls up to the front of the hospital. I feel myself become a little tired, and the pain begins to shoot into me again.

Jimin gets out of the car and runs into the hospital up to the first nurse he sees. He's throwing his arms and pointing at the car hysterically. I turn and face Ji Iseul, he's playing with his bear and he hasn't even noticed that I never answered him back. His eyes meet mine, he gives me a toothy smile.

He doesn't understand what is happening. He could be losing his sibling and or maybe even his mother.

**