Chapter 4

Manik headed towards his room..he had stopped crying but his hiccups were still following him..he went near the bed side table to fetch water for himself from the jug..the poured the water in the glass and just tilted it when his phone beeped..it was a message from Nyonika..

"baby good morning..i am sorry I am not there with you..actually me and your dad we had to leave early in the morning for a business deal..we did not want to disturb you and Nandini so we came silently without informing you..and ya Alya,Dhruv and Mukti are also with us..actually the clients wanted at least some of the band members to complete the formalities but don't worry Cabir is there only..he will help you when needed..take care of Nandini..love you baby.."

read Manik but he did not know when the water entered the wrong pipe making him cough badly..he was going on coughing..he had water in his eyes but the adamant cough did not leave..meantime Nandini entered the room and saw Manik coughing badly holding his stomach..Nandini ran upto him and started patting his back vigorously..she made him sit on the bed and continued patting his back..

"Manik tumhe maine kitne baar bole he k inn sab chiso me dyaan diya karo..kya zarurat thi pani pite waqt msg padhne ki..dekho now you are coughing so badly..Manik tum kab bade hoge aur kab apna care karoge..haan??"

said a concerned Nandini and this was more than enough to shoo away Manik Malhotra's adamant cough..he looked straight into her eyes were there eyes met driving both of them into their flashback..

******flashback*******

Manik loved the cooking of Nandini's mom and her mom loved to cook for him..on a Sunday Manik reached Nandini's place for breakfast..he opened the fridge and found every of his favourite food in the fridge..it was common for both of them..Manik's favourite in Nandini's fridge and Nandini's favourite in Manik's fridge..

"aunty what are you doing for me today??"asked Manik sitting on the kitchen counter..

"umm..what about aloo paratha??"asked Nandini's mom 

"wow aunty you are the best..love you"and Manik passed a flying kiss to Nandini's mom..

"kya mom aaj bhi Manik ka favourite..not fair"complained Nandini with a pout

"han toh kyun na karun??beta he wo mera.."said Sarita and hi-fived with Manik.

"aunty I love you soo much..this is too good"licked Manik his fingers taking the morsel of paratha..the morsel entering the wrong pipe made him cough..badly..

Nandini and Sarita came running to him..Sarita gave him some water and Nandini patted his back rapidly..after a couple of minutes Manik was fine..

"tumhe kitne baar bola he don't talk while eating..even a five years kid is more careful than you..you saw na what happened now..agar tumhe kuch ho jata..then??when you will grow up Manik??"scolded Nandini with tears brimming in her eyes.

Manik understood it and pulled Nandini into a hug consoling her about his being fine..he slowly broke the hug wiping her tears and gently kissed her temple.

"r a tu he na mere sath..phir can anything happen to me??i m fine Nandu..stop worrying haan but if someday you leave me then.." 

"shut up you monster..i m never gonna leave you..understud you stubborn head"Nandini berated Manik in the middle..

"shit!!so you will not leave me..means I have to jhelofy you throughout my life..sun rahe ho Nandini ke Aiyappa she will be with me forever..r a at least have some mercy on me.."saying Manik wiped his fake tears..

"you idiot you wait..now I will show mercy upon you..you will jhelofy me na..wait.."ran Nandini after Manik holding a cushion in her hand and Manik hid behind Sarita to save himself.

"r a Nandu stop it please kitna daudaegi acha baba sorry tu kya I will never let you leave me..pucca..i will always be with you..tu mujhe jitna bhi bhagae I will never leave you..i promise I will never leave you even in the worstest of situations..i promise"said Manik from behind Sarita's pallu..

"promise??"said Nandu forwarding her hand for Manik to keep his hand on it and seal the promise..Manik put his hand on hers pulling her for a hug and said aloud 

"I promise Nandini Murthy I will never leave you..never ever..how much you irritate me how much you scold me but I will not leave you"said Manik almost singing the last five words.

Little did they know that the oath they took that was not for a day or two but forever and ever...

*******************************

Both came out from the flashback but their smile still dancing on their lips.."promish"said Manik in a childish way seing Nandini smile.

but Nandini pulled back her lips realizing her smile and went away from there but Manik; he still had his smile..and why should not he??after all he got his old Nandu back..ya it may be for a fraction of seconds but HIS Nandu was back..

Is anyone even interested in the story?😦

Tell me the worst part of the story.