Chapter 6

This chapter is dedicated to @geet_15 .thank you sweetie for encouraging me so much.

Obviously the night was not a peaceful one..Nandini sank on the bed making the comforter lay on her and Manik settled on the couch..he could have went to any room to sleep peacefully but how can he do that when his peace lives in his girl itself and Nandini sometimes gets scared so Manik had to stay with her in the room..both of them were sleeping when Manik's phone buzzed..at first he didn't pick it up but the thought of Nandini sleeping made him instantly pick his phone.

"what??now??what are you saying Mr.Khurana??..."Manik had went out of the room not to disturb his princess from her slumber..when Nandini opened her eyes she found Manik wearing his shirt in a hurry..she took a look at the clock to find it was only eight.

but why he is in such a hurry that too at this early hour of the morning??she pondered..

"Nandini good morning..wo I have to leave for work..it's urgent..i think I will be late..may be I will be back by the evening..please take care till then..if anything troubles you I am just a call away..please don't go anywhere and yeah if you feel like going anywhere then please take the chauffer along..please don't go alone..please take your food on time and ya take care"Nandini acted as if she didn't also care what he said.

She got up from the bed and slammed the washroom door on his face while Manik was still instructing her..Manik's heart slapped itself but he had to rush to the office..without giving it a second thought he went instructing the driver for a millionth time..The day was enough quite for Nandini..neither Manik was there who would ask for an apology nor she would stop him from doing so..today she had not gone to jail also to meet Harshad..it was almost nine in the night when Nandini heard the main door opening..her jaws opened wide when she saw the scenario infront of her..her eyes could not believe what it was witnessing

Manik was bathed in blood..from head to toe..his forehead was badly injured making blood pour out from it..from back side of his head blood was oozing out continuosly..he was unable to walk so was supported by Cabir..Nandini could not understand anything what was happening..Cabir without answering anything simply carried Manik upstairs till his room..Nandini noticed Dr.Singhania following Cabir upstairs..Nandini too followed them into the room and stud beside Cabir..the doctor bandaged Manik and injected him making his unconscious..

"Mr.Malhotra has lost too much of blood and he is badly injured everywhere..he needs to take rest..please don't let him do any work..he is too weak now and any wrong step would lead to a fatal incident..i need not instruct much because this house has already a doctor infact the best doctor of the town.

Nandini these medicines are just a formality you have to become his medicine till he gets well..you know what I mean..come I will explain you about the medicines and please let him rest lest you know the consequences" Nandini's heart was thumping aloud..it ached seeing Manik in such a condition..her heart was crying badly which reflected in the paleness of her face..in no time Cabir came downstairs..

"Cabir what's all this?? i mean.. how?? "fumbled Nandini..

"Harshad.." Said Cabir gritting his teeth.

"oh please Cabir stop accusing him..he is in jail and why would he do that??"

"Harshad had sent goons to attack Manik..and Manik when he knew that Harshad had sent those goons he didn't even raise his arm towards them and let them beat him mercilessly..i was crossing that way when I found him standing still ; getting bitten badly..

when I started beating them back Manik -the Manik Malhotra pleaded me not to beat the goons and do you know what he said Cabir please don't beat them Harshad has sent them..i want them to beat me till death so that at least after my death Nandini can trust me..accept me as her best friend again..Ca..bb..ii..rr ple..se let them do what..tever they want..at least after my death I can smile seeing Nandini forgiving me..i will happily die for her Cabir.." Cabir wiped Nandini's cheeks.

Nandini was numb throughout when Cabir narrated the incident..but her eyes could no more suppress its feeling..her pearls started to shatter..

"choti I have always treated you as my sister..i know you are in pain but your pain is nothing compared to the pain Manik is enduring..the situation is so perplexed that you are doubting your best friend for ruining your life..i don't know what destiny has planned for you but I think you should think once more..

Manik is literally dying everyday Nandini..he had taken a promise from me not to say anything to you..but I think you should know..the day you said him that you don't love him but Harshad ,he had turned a lifeless soul from that day Nandini..he just smiled to make you smile so that his love doesn't come between your friendship..he said he would lay down his life but not let anything ruin your friendship.

You are his life Choti..being a cardiologist you render so many hearts every other second but you could not study the heart of your best friend choti..please tell me what medicine you prescribe for my friend whose heart has been shattered into a million pieces?

he blames himself, he curses the situation for whatever happened but not you..you said that you hate him but you know what he hates himself even more than you do..today if I would not have reached there no doubt he would have died happily so that you could trust him..

is that too much to ask??a bit of trust that too from your own best friend..when you were in London he was like a lost soul who has got no destination.

He has preserved every memory Nandini..every memory of yours and him..yeah they are too many but he has all of them..after a couple of days you left he realized his love for you and wanted to surprise you on your arrival..but what he got was a surprise in return"Cabir again wiped Nandini's cheeks because her tears were in no mood to stop their flow.

"Manik has cried so much that his tears have dried but still he sheds those dry tears..you were the most mature among us Nandu..tu toh Manik ki ankahi baate tak samaj jaati thi bas uski aakho me jank kar..phir aab kya hua choti??tu samaj nahi rahi he ya jaan ke samajna nahi chahti??

tu bahot jald realize karegi ki tu bhi Manik se utna hi pyar karti hai bas uss ehsas ko pyar ka naam nehi dena chahti..tujhe yaad he ek baar when you had high fever and doctor said if your fever doesn't get down before sunrise then you would be attacked with brain malaria..everyone was tensed but Manik he was quite calm.

Because he knew his Nandu is a fighter,because he had taken a promise from your aiyappa that every bad thing will have to pass through him to get till you..to touch you..you always defended that bloody jerk over you best friend how can you even think that Manik..Manik will take your love away from you??can even in dreams he will  wish bad for you??

"choti zindagi ko badalne me waqt nahi lagta par kabhi kabhi waqt ko badalne me zindagi lag jati he.."he kissed her temple

"take care..i will come tomorrow early in the morning..please be by his side..tonight atleast..he needs you"he left..

And chapter 6 is here..hope u all find it long enough.guys please vote n comment coz dats the only way I can know what you think of the story.If you find it bad then also do inform me so i can make changes.The cover i made by my certified idiot friend..my sweetheart Akansha @mysterygirlhearts ..tysm Akuu..

I have penned a PaNi OS.when do u want me  upload it?