Chapter 12

He had such a face which could be adored for years...say for births..and adoring him from so near was just like every girls dream..but that copyright was only with Nandini Manik Malhotra..she sat right next to him adoring him with a smile playing on her lips..it was not just the anatomy of his face she was spellbound with..it was the depth of love for her in his eyes..no doubt his eyes were closed still she could look through it..So much love..For her..Only her..And what did she return him??hatredness,spiting fire through her words,no trust that too for her own best friend, choosing an outsider whom she thought she loved over her own best friend..putting their friendship as second in her priority list just for a guy she knew for a twelve month and Manik!

She laughed over herself..she didn't remember when they became friends..may be when she was two..when she was running down the corridor and slipped over water..she started crying..not being able to see their princess crying Mr.Murthy and Mr.Malhotra almost brought the world and put it at her feet but little did she stop crying!

Every servant of their Mansion was at her service with Mrs.Murthy and Malhotra trying every possible way to cajole her..just then Manik came inside the mansion sucking his lollipop when he saw Nandini had turned complete red by wailing and everyone around her were in tears seeing her cry..he slowly walked towards her sitting beside her on the floor..he pulled the lollipop out of his mouth and held it in front of Nandini offering her..

And guess what she stopped crying,took the lollipop and started sucking it..everyone present there was in complete shock..nothing could calm her but the lollipop which Manik gave..she finished the lollipop looked towards Manik and passed her toothless smile and Manik immediately returned the same toothless smile..when almost everyone had given up,the two year old Manik did it..perhaps it was then they were friends..or may be when she was learning to cycle almost tripping every time where he stood behind her holding her cycle so that she does not fall..perhaps it was then they were friends..or may be it was then when Manik shook hands with a new comer who was a girl and asked if she needed any help with the notes he was always ready to help her in their sixth standard and Nandini was all angry with him for talking with that new girl..what if the new girl would become his best friend and he would forget her??Manik patiently listened Nandini scold him and then gently took her hands into his and said

"Nandu you always will be my best friend..people come and go but some people have their place fixed in your heart..and you are that one in my life sacchi.."

he said imitating Nandini..

"promise?"

asked Nandini raising her eyebrows..

"promise"

sweared Manik pinching the flesh of his throat..may be it was then they were best-est of friends.. Or may be it was then she started loving him..

Manik was always there for her..with her and she choosed Harshad over him..Manik confessed her his feelings in the airport only the day she returned

"I love you too Manik..but not the way you are thinking..we are the bestest friends Manik..and by the way I want you to meet someone umm..meet Harshad my boyfriend"

was her words..she knew she always breathed heavy when she hugged Manik tight but that was love,she could never understood..and listening to her what Manik felt can never be decribed in words..he just drew thick black curtain on his heart hiding it from Nandini so that it doesn't thump wildly when he sees her..

What not he faced and she was the one to spill tears..hat an irony..but that was the end of the bad..she would make it up..sighing deeply she ruffled Manik's hair awakening him from his slumber.

."Manik quickly get ready we need to go somewhere very important and don't ask where you will get to know when we reach"

blabbered Nandini and moved downstairs even before he could ask Nandini..after almost half an hour both were  ready..

"Nandini where's the driver?wait let me give him a call" 

"no,I have given him off..i will drive don't worry"

Obviously Nandini asked him not to worry but how could he when she herself was all worried..he thought of asking her but brushed his thought off..yesterday night when they shared an intimate moment Manik was all shaken up thinking Nandini might have realized that he is trustworthy but later taught himself that she must be doing all this may be because he was injured..his thoughts came to a halt when Nandini stopped the car.

When Manik looked up to see the place he was shocked..shocked to the core.

."Nandini..yahan."

"I know Manik..but we have to get some things back to normal..come"

Nandini entwined her hand with Manik and went inside the CENTRAL JAIL..yes,they were in the jail where Harshad was grounded..as soon as Nandini moved inside her lawyer greeted her

"good morning mam..everything is ready..i have even talked to the commissioner" 

"thank you Mr.Patil"said Nandini and moved towards the commissioner's cabin along with Manik.

"ohh Nandini come my dear..i was waiting for you..Patil talked to me regarding what you want..i am more than happy to comply with you

"thank you sir..it is just what the truth is..i have already lost a lot of time and people"she said eyeing Manik"I cant afford to lose either of them now"and then Harshad was brought before Nandini..he smiled a eternity seeing her while she remained all expressionless 

"Nandini oh my love..i missed you so much..its been two days I have seen you..i know how difficult it would be for you to stay away from me and top of that with this guy..dont worry now everything will be fine..when they said me I have got a visitor I know it was you,I knew you would come to bail me"

said Harshad and came forward to hug Nandini..as he stepped nearer the unexpected happened..

Nandini slapped him hard.

"sir yes he is a murderer..he murdered his previous girlfriend and before he ask me for evidence I have got his men who helped him all this time..they spilled all the beans..not only that sir he sent goons to attack my husband..i want the law to act hard sir..i want him inside the cell till his death so he regrets his living..i want him die everyday" spitted Nandini.

 "sure dear..he will..dont worry..thank Manik it was for him we could ground him"smiled the commissioner..

"I will..come Manik"she helped Manik stand and moved out of the jail

.Harshad was continuously blabbering saying he is innocent and Manik has plotted this intensionally..Nandini started driving but saw Manik still silent..he was silent all this while putting his head down..but he looked up when Nandini slapped Harshad..the entire drive was a silent one..neither he spoke nor she.

They reached home when Manik got out of the car and started walking towards his room but stopped when Nandini called him"Manik,I trust you"

Manik listened the words which he wanted to hear since ages..he sighed and slowly walked upstairs leaving a shocked Nandini behind..  

Hey everyone.I know I am super late but some things just kept me busy.If anyone was still waiting for the update hope you enjoy.The story reached 1k reads.Thank you.

My PaNi OS Hidden Love is ranked 852 in romance.I know its not a rank to be excited but it means a lot to me.If you haven't checked it out,please do.