See You Again.

Shawn.

I woke up with Alexis laying on my chest. I felt circles being traced along my stomach, and realized that she was awake. I heard a little sniffle come from her, and then I came to the conclusion that she was crying again.

"Alexis? Baby are you okay?" I asked while wrapping my arms around her protectively.

"No not really Shawn," she cried and lifted her head up to place it in the crook of my neck.

"I know baby, I know," I felt her warm tears stream down her cheeks to my neck.

"I'm just going to miss you so much," she cried again while letting more tears stream down her face.

"I know...I'm going to miss you too," I said as another cry broke from my lips.

"I don't know how I'm going to last without you for six months," she said while trying to fight back another cry.

"I don't know how I'm going to last without you either...I mean, you mean the world to me Alexis, but I promise I get a flight to come see you sooner than that," I said and held her as close as humanly possible to me.

"You'll be back though?" She asked while removing her head from my neck.

"Of course," I whispered while pressing my forehead against hers, "always."

"No matter what happens to us Shawn, I just want you to know that I'll always be here, and that I'll always love you," she cried again while pressing her lips firmly onto mine.

My hands managed to move up from her waist to her hair. My fingers ended up getting tangled in her long, wavy brown hair.

I felt her hands cup my face as we intensified the kiss. I felt her small fingers brush through my hair as I lifted her up on my lap.

"I love you Shawn," she whispered while trying to slow down her breaths.

"I love you Alexis...so much," I whispered while pulling her lips back onto mine.

Both of her arms were now wrapped around my neck as mine met her hips. I felt another cry break from my lips as I realized that this would be the last kiss we would share for a long time.

It would be a long time until I see her again. It would be months until I get to hear her sweet voice. It would be forever until I can hold her like this again.

"We should be leaving soon," she whispered while pulling away from our kiss.

"I don't want to leave you," I said with a little cry.

"And I don't want you to leave, but you can't miss your flight," she said and turned her head away from me.

I heard her let out a small cry like me as I whispered in her ear, "Baby please don't cry, I'll be back soon, and then we'll be together again."

"I know Shawn...I know. I just can't bare the thought of being apart from you for so long," she cried and fell against my chest.

"And I can't either, but we can do this. I'll make sure we can get through this together," I smiled while rubbing the back of her head.

"Okay...well then let's get going," she said and lifted herself off of me while wiping her last tears that had shed from her eyes.

~~~

We had just pulled up to the airport, and we took Alexis' car instead of a taxi this time so we could talk without having anyone listen to us. I could see in her eyes that she was trying to fight back tears, and so was I.

I couldn't bare the thought of being apart from her for so long. It was just me and Alexis in our final moments together. Our final moments until six months decides to pass by.

"Wow...so this is it huh?" She asked while letting a single tear fall from her eyes.

"I guess so," I sighed and looked out the window while grasping her hand.

"Shawn-" I cut her off before continuing because I knew she was going to say goodbye, but I didn't want her to.

I silenced her goodbye with a kiss. A kiss we had never shared before. I didn't want this to be a goodbye.

I didn't want to leave her with the thought that this is goodbye because it isn't. I would never say goodbye to her because it would kill us both since we won't be at each other's side now.

I pulled away from our kiss and pressed my forehead against hers, "Please don't say goodbye Alexis...this is not goodbye," I whispered while looking down at our hands.

"I know Shawn...I know it's not," she forced a smile and looked down at our hands as well.

"I'm really going to miss this," I whispered while playing with her small fragile fingers.

"Miss what?" She questioned while removing her hands from my grasp and put them around my neck.

"I'm just going to miss you. I'm going to miss the feeling of holding you at night, the feeling of your lips touching mine, and the feeling of just your gentle touch. I'm going to miss hearing your soft voice whispering into my ear at night."

"I'm going to miss hearing you say I love you to me every time I make you happy. And I'm going to miss seeing you blush every time I look at you," I said while letting a stray tear escape my eyes.

I felt a tear fall against my hand, and noticed that she was crying just like I was, "I know...I'm going to miss you too," she said with a sigh.

"But this isn't goodbye...I promise," I said while lifting my forehead up from hers.

"It's not...I don't ever want to say goodbye to you Shawn," she said as I gently caressed her cheek.

"I love you Alexis," I whispered while tucking her hair behind her ears.

"And I love you Shawn...forever," she whispered while kissing my lips one last time.

"I'll see you later okay?" I asked as I got out of the car.

She just nodded as I grabbed my suitcase from the backseat.

As I started to walk away from the car I heard her voice yell out to me one last time, "Hey rockstar!"

I turned around to see tears starting to fill her eyes, "Forever?" She said with a small smile before completely breaking down into tears.

"Forever and always my love," I said back to her as she mouthed the words 'I love you.'

"I love you too Alexis," and with that I watched her car drive off as I walked into the airport to catch my long flight to Germany.