New York City!

-Jessica's POV-

Hello, New York City! I've been dying to see you in my eyes once again! I've actually been to New York before as a school trip for studying the Statue of Liberty. And that's how I and Amelia met actually. We were in two different classes however during the flight over we sat by each other and started to connect and since then we've been best friends since. Before and after we had completed our education we both started telling ghosts stories and everyone thought we were nuts. But we were friends, of course now and then you want to have a laugh and try and make people smile in a natural way but for me and Amelia, we have our own way. Every time we see each other we make sure to pull funny faces towards each other, if we forget to do is as soon as we meet then I tend to mumble and stutter. The world of the paranormal became a dream when we saw a wanted sign in a shop window in Cardiff. Joining a paranormal group, also known as Ghostbusters, wanted myself and Amelia to go there when we were 26. We both had our crushes. She would always say how Raymond Stantz was hotter than Egon Spengler but of course, there I was defending my opinion. Yes, I thought Egon had his own romantic ways but I wasn't and still not ready to go down a romantic relationship after my first boyfriend got killed in a car crash. It was hard for me during then but Amelia was there to help me. We know how to help each other, and that's why Amelia is my best friend.

So there we are, standing outside of the Ghostbusters firehouse. It seemed a little rusty however I could notice that the windows and the door had a fresh coat of paint applied. Amelia looked scared from what I could see. But we simply smiled towards one another and approached inside. There was the Ecto-1, just seeing the car looking brand new made me and Amelia scream like a fangirl seeing their favourite boy band at a live concert. We both approached the front desk as a red-haired woman filing her nails tilted down her glasses on her nose and looked at us. She smirked and said, "Ghostbusters, how can I help?"

"Uh Yes..." Amelia stuttered.

"We found this add in a shop window and newspaper and wondered if it is still available." I continued.

"You sound British, where are you girls from?" the receptionist asked ignoring what we had said to her first question.

"Cardiff, our accent is actually Welsh, however, I wasn't born in Wales," Amelia replied. 

"I noticed. My name's Janine. I'm the receptionist for the Ghostbusters. And yes, this add is still open. Follow me." and at the end of her sentence, Janine took us upstairs to the main office and constructing area, "Boys, the add you advertised a couple of years ago...."

"Yes, Janine we know, bring him up." I heard a man chuckle, that sounded like Peter, THE Peter Venkman. 

Janine gave us a signal as we walked up the last of the stairs. We felt all eyes glare at us as she stood there, with our shy faces on. We lowered our heads until Peter spoke.

"Janine I said 'Him', and you bring two females up.

"I'm not a miracle worker, Dr Venkman," Janine replied as she headed back downstairs to keep an eye open the front door and phone in case anyone rang.

"So, can we have your names?" Ray asked.

"Ray, they're girls, we can't have girls!" Venkman protested.

"Actually, Venkman. We can." Egon pointed out tilting his glasses down his nose.

"Our names.... um well...." I mumbled.

"I'm Amelia Fransico."

"My name is Jessica Lockheart," I replied in the end.

"Lockheart sounds romantic." Venkman pouted until Winston hit his head with a book.